“Bad scrambled eggs”

The Rollin' Pin
Ranked #100 of 158 Restaurants in Dumaguete City
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 28 April 2017

I am a regular customer of the Rollin Pin. I go there every morning and have breakfast. I had a bad experience this morning and will never set my foot in the place again. My order was simple. They managed to screw it up. The scrambled eggs were atrocious. The incompetent cook does not know how to prepare scrambled eggs properly. The eggs were under cooked and runny. I had to cast them aside. They charge almost as much for a pad of butter as they do for the crappy bagel to smear it on. I told the server and the manager about my dissatisfaction and they said not one word in response. No apology and gave me a cold shoulder. I walked out of the place without paying and will never return. They did not deserve a single peso for the mistreatment. And the coffee they serve is watery and weak. Avoid the place and if you do go there use the wifi its free and order a bottled water. The service water is from the tap and you may need a toilet pronto. Avoid the Rollin Pin. There are many places where you will be better served.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

If you want the best breads in Dumaguete, you must come here early when they are fresh out of the oven as they sell out fast. This resto also serves great meals, has a simple, cozy ambiance and very friendly staff. The only downside is that they close early (7pm) so dinner is not really an option.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Situated almost at the heart of the city, this is a small haven for travelers who are tired of fast food chains! Grab a panini and their fresh coffee and nail that journey!

Reviewed 16 February 2017

We ate there today and were very impressed. I had the Parisian breakfast and my husband had the Laksa. Both were great and were presented promptly by a cheerful wait person. We then bought a couple of the best croissants in town, a loaf of bread and a mini cheesecake. We will certainly be back to try other bakery goods and other menu items.

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

It was a great surprise to find this place amongst fast, fried food places .... we all had sandwiches, which were delicious and on the best bread we have had in the Philippines. Friendly staff.