All reviews private pool presidential villa half board great gym old town ambassador suite bed villa full size fridge freezer hired a car complimentary bottle of wine jacuzzi bath hotel restaurant main pool recommend this resort malia town spa facilities dining table
Reviewed October 26, 2016

Firstly I would like to mention that the reservation staff were fantastic!
I had originally booked my holiday through Lowcost holidays which recently went into administration, and found out that my accommodation had NOT been paid by the company.
On contacting the hotel, this was confirmed and they were really sympathetic and reassuring. Athina Kagiaftaki was the person who I spoke to directly and she was a great help and an asset to the hotel. Although I had to repurchase the accommodation directly through them, She was very helpful and caring, and even sent me all the correspondence that I needed in order to help try to claim back my money from my credit card. Thankfully after a couple of moths I was reimbursed.

Anyway overall experience of the resort was excellent and I can thoroughly say that my wife and children (3 Years & 8 months) had a great time! The reception staff accommodated us with every request we had promptly, which with having children so young can be quite demanding!
The restaurant staff were also very friendly, with the exception of one young man who if lucky would say a hello and goodbye. The female (sorry cannot remember her name) who served us breakfast in the morning (middle aged with glasses who lives in Old Malia Town) was fabulous and again an asset to the hotel. She was very friendly and went out of her way for me and my children, definitely putting a smile on our faces and making our holiday special!
The housemaids/cleaners were also very friendly so I can safely say that the rating I would give to staff at this resort is a 9/10!

The hotel is situated on the mountain edge, with gives it an advantage with its spectacular views over Malia, and its is only a 2 min drive from Malia Old Town and 5 mins from the new town and the beach. Malia Old town is definitely a must see and really does give you a feel of what Greece and Creatian life is all about, with some fantastic family owned tavernas serving amazing homemade creatian and greek dishes! However, although you can walk it, the pathway is not clearly lit up and there are some steep roads to climb, so it is not recommended to walk if you have children, so having your own transport is very useful. There is a shuttle service from the hotel at a cost (Which I do not know, as I did not use) and there are restrictions on the times it operates. Location I would give it a rating of 8/10.

The restaurant food is fine, breakfast had a fair selection and was ok. The lunch in the restaurant was nice but limited, and as for dinner, I never got to taste it as I always ate out at night. Food rating 6/10.

The hotel kids play pen was great for the kids, and mine loved it!
The communal pool looked appealing, but because I had my own villa with private pool, I never got to use it. The gym and sauna/spa also looked great, although I did not use it. The private pool is not heated, which is fine during the summer, but for the winter months, it is a shame. It would have also been nice to have had a heated pool in the evening/night, as the pool was very cold when I used it for a cheeky night swim even in the summer months. Amenities rating is 8/10

I stayed in the second week of September 2016, and the weather was great with temperatures around 32oc. I stayed in a One Bedroom apartment Sea view with pool (Villla No.4) which I highly recommend as it is located near the entrance to the hotel and has some great views of Malia and the coastline. The villa itself looks very modern and is kept very clean. The furniture was fine, however the comfort of the bed is a little to be desired for and I found it slight hard and comfortable, in fact the put me up bed for my child was more comfortable. Accommodation rating 9/10.

Overall the hotel itself is very clean, picturesque and I would highly recommended it to anyone looking to take a holiday in Crete, especially in this area!
I will definitely be returning sometime in the future, my only wish is that they change the bed mattresses to something slightly softer and more comfortable.Hotel Overall rating 9/10!

Room Tip: I had a 1 bedroom Private Villa with pool and sea views (Villa No.4) and I would be quite happy if I was given this room/villa again!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank ChelseaGeezer99
Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

Room is great but the indoor pool is not heated and also the breakfast is very bad, no variety, and not tasty at all. Must have a car to get out of the hotel. Staff is very kind. great view from the balcony

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Stas B
Reviewed October 19, 2016

I had 10 nights in villa 1 and to me this was the best one being the end villa of 3.The staff were so welcoming and friendly,the breakfast buffet was everything you could want and the evening meals in the hotel were good quality.
The views overlooking Malia are stunning being on a hill but i would recommend you hire yourself a car or at least a scooter, you can manage the walk down hill but its steep heading up.
I was a little nervous given Malia's reputation but if you go when the kids are gone the town is great.

Room Tip: Villa 1, end of 3 and lots of garden.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

We have been 9 nights in a villa with private pool. From the first until the last day everything was perfect. We booked halfboard, thanks to the chefs who prepare the good food. We guess the portion are a bit to big, but maybe some customers like it like this. A special thanks to Katarina and Adonis, it was a pleasant to meet you.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michel S
Reviewed October 13, 2016

We stayed here in a villa (301 ideal position for the main building with bar and restaurant in) with our own pool on a bed and breakfast basis for a week from 20th September. I must admit I had read some disturbing reviews but decided well, it's booked there's nothing we can do now so wait and see. We were not disappointed!!! The villa was beautiful, the only thing was, and this is purely from a personal point of the view, the bed was very firm, which we do not like so did not sleep very well. This was purely down to the bed and nothing else, there was no noise everything was so peaceful. The hotel is away from things but a 10 to 15 minute walk soon has you in the Old Town where you can get supplies. The hotel also runs a taxi service into the town, the driver is very good and recommended a couple of restaurants to us which were very good too. He also pointed out the taxi rank for the journey back in a local taxi, I would not recommend even trying to walk back as the hotel is half way up a mountain, the taxi cost is 7 Euros From the moment we arrived the staff were very good and we were made to feel very welcome by everyone. We were shown to our villa and around it, we found fresh flowers, fruit and wine and water waiting for us compliments of the hotel. The views were spectacular too. The breakfast is very good and does vary each day, which was a nice bonus, again the staff at breakfast were very good and nothing was too much trouble. Sadly we only ate our evening meal in the restaurant once and this was our last night, what a mistake leaving it so late. The food was by far the best that we had had all week and if we had tried it before I think we would have "stayed in" more often. The food was a little more expensive than in town but if you factor in the cost of transport, then it works out about the same, it really was worth it though. All in all we had a really relaxing holiday and I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting the same.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple