“Banging holiday - great apartments!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malia
Yiannis Manos Apartments
Ranked #3 of 82 Speciality Lodging in Malia
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Stayed here at the end of July for a week with two of my girlfriends. The apartments are basic but fine, with clean sheets and towels changed every couple of days! The bathroom isn't great, not that clean and the shower floods and so do the drains, it just becomes a wet room which you get used too.

They provide you with one toilet roll on arrival so you do have to buy your own. When you walk out of the hotel, when getting to the end of the road, instead of turning right towards the strip, turn right and there is a shop there which sells everything you need. 6 bottles of water are only 3 euros. There is also an amazing Greek restaurant near the shop which I recommend.

The hotel is aimed at 18 - 30 year olds, although some of the groups there looked barely 16. There were a few families there but I really don't think it is a family hotel or resort!! Every week there is a pool party which is awesome. The entertainer Koran is so funny and gets everyone going. Lorraine (scouse lady) who works during the day is lovely. The breakfast and food generally in the hotel is really good and so cheap.

George the security guard is a character, I wouldn't get on the wrong side of him. While there, there weren’t any thefts or rooms broken into and I haven't heard that there has been either. If you want to bring someone back to the hotel good luck, I heard many stories of people trying to sneak someone in and George going ballistic (nothing gets past him). If you do want to, it will cost you 25 euros lol, I'd say that's a form of prostitution :o). Greece is strict as a rule and I'd be careful with how you act out there, have fun but behave to a degree!!

The strip is a 10 minute walk away down a long road; it goes quick when you are with a group. Be careful of quads going hell for leather down the road. All bars out there are good, are favourites were zoo, bananas, Malibu and road house.

We didn't have time to go on excursions so can't comment. The beach is lovely though and I recommend star beach!

I love the holiday and met some amazing people. I am mid-twenties and did find it really young out there but still has a banging holiday and the weather was hot hot hot!!

I'd recommend the Yiannos Manos :o)

Reviewed 1 August 2012

such a good week, i went with a group of 7 girls but we had another group of friends in a different hotel which was soo bad compared to ours. Out of all the hotels i saw while i was out there yiannis manos was 100% the best. There's 2 big pools, one is more chilled and the other one is more lively. There's music playing non stop and a pool party in the middle of the week which is v good. The rep's do try and sell you a bunch of trips like booze cruise and malia splash, but we thought they were very overpriced so didn't go on any and still had an amazing week. Hotel is very safe and secure, we had no worries that anything would get stolen or anything and you can get aircon for your room for 60 euros for 1 week BUT if you have more than 1 room only get aircon for one of the rooms as the remote for it works in more than one room. The walk to the strip is about 7 minutes but it's literally just down 1 road so it seems really short. i wouldn't get quad bikes because they don't tell you when you get them that insurance is 200 euro. But we just got lifts on other peoples quad bikes. The beach is very nicee and about the same distance from the hotel as the strip and has loadsa water sports etc which are well priced and you can bargain with them to get cheaper. We ate alll of our food at the hotel bar because it was nice and pretty cheap, you can get most meals for 4.50 euro ish and they have a 2 for 6 euro drink deal at night so we tended to pre a bit on our balcony and then go get a few drinks at the bar before walking to the strip. We usually didn't walk to the strip till around 1/2 but some people did go earlier. Rooms are spacious and bathrooms are fine just make sure you put a towel down on the bathroom floor after you've showered because it gets verrrrry wet. each room has different appliances, we only had a stove and fridge but others had microwaves etc. the fridges work well though which is very good for ice cold drinks as it is veeeeery hot in the day. You aren't allowed to take your own food and drink down to the pool so just buy a bottle of water (for 1 euro) by the pool and then fill it up with water from upstairs to save money. We went for a week and most of us took around 300/350 euros which was the perfect amount. I wouldn't get your money on a travel debit card as one of us did that and it costs 2.50 euro each time you get money out which doesn't sound much but adds up if you go every night and sometimes the atm's didn't work so then you're left with no money. in some hotels it's probably a good idea but at yiannis manos it's very safe so i wouldn't worry. we liked zoo bar, banana and apollo the best but the best places i think depend on when you go/who is there/ what you like but the strip is realllly good in general. if you get ill there's a med centre on the strip so you'll be fine. Personally we didn't have any problems with the greeek children but others did so be careful, they apparently try to mug you. Cleaners bring fresh towels and sheets etc but it's not a 5 star spring clean, but you don't need that, make sure if you have more than one room and take towels etc into each others rooms that you bring them back or you will get charged. All bar staff were really really nice and friendly. Overall was literally one of the best weeks of my life, an amazing holiday and if i was to go again i would 100% choose the same hotel. it's definitely the best hotel out there, unless you're looking for a quiet chilled family holiday and early nights - in which case i don't think you'd be satisfied with anywhere in malia. If you're looking for a fun amazing weeek with your girls/lads then i definitely recommend it :)

2  Thank bel37
Reviewed 21 July 2012

What a great hotel to stay at, looking at other hotels by the strip made us all pleased we'd chosen to stay at Yiannos Manos.

Entertainment was very good, had a pool party while with live DJs from a nearby club.

Before coming I had read bad reviews about George the security guy, don't let this worry you at all. He is a really sound guy, and its nice to know that nothings going to kick off in the hotel or get belongings stolen.

Food was pretty good and the bar staff were very friendly and helpful.

It was a fantastic holiday and would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Malia. However, I can't stress this enough - Malia is not for families or children!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Couldn't of asked or found a better hotel in malia. All the staff are lovely, but make sure you dont get on the wrong side of the greeks they can be scary. I went with a group of 16 girls and we were all happy with our rooms which fitted 4, they were very spacious had a large balcony and two of the rooms had two balconys. The dj/entertainer Corin is the funniest man alive and gets everyone in a good mood before they head to the strip. The hotel bar has good deal on all cocktails 2 for 6 euros between 9pm - 1 am. The food in the hotel is also really good and cheap. The walk to the strip is about 5-10 mins, which sounds long, but when your drunk and with a group of people it seems about 1 minute long. I would definatley recommend Yiannis Manos for young people who are going to malia for a lively holiday. I had the best week of my life

1  Thank imbbb
Reviewed 8 July 2012

what a lovely hotel couldn't fault it a short walk into the nightlife but far enough to get some sleep absolutely ideal

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrSum1
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Just got back from a week at Yiannos Manos and got to say had the best week of my life! The hotel is amazing rooms are excellent especially room 118 which has Two balconys!! :) the staff make the hotel especially Shawn the bar man and George! (Please) definately going back soon!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank JennyLouise88
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Went away with 6 other lads all aged between 20-22 and these were great apartments for our age range! We are all pretty out going lads up for a laugh and we we're not disappointed with the weeks entertainment! I'd go as far as saying that of all the lads holidays I've been on this is by far the best accommodation I have stayed at so far. The rep on the mic was called Currin don't know how his name is spelt exactly, but he was an absolute legend!! Such a funny guy. Also bar and reception staff we're really nice.

Below are the main pro's and con's of staying at Yiannos Manos:

Pro's
- Decent food
- Good entertainment
- Good vibe (young people all up for a laugh)
- 2 very good sized swimming pools
- Local shops - with fairly cheap alcohol (Mainly beer - Case of 18 5% bottles 500/568ml for 18.50 Euro)
and many more!!!

Con's
One of the main problems was security, not in terms of safety but in terms of rules and the guards themselves. The guards were nice at times, but when aggravated for whatever reason had a tendency to 'flip out' should I say. The main guard was George, who is okay if you stay on his good side but can be a complete psycho. He also had his little bum-boy guards who followed him and idolized him, who quite frankly I didn't think much of either.

Again the most stupid rule in foreign countries is the old bringing girls back! They hate it for some stupid reason! George would accept bribes and it was possible to walk a girl ahead sometimes (not that I did it myself :-/).

Oh and the room service lady was a bit of a pain but meh they usually are! There were no thefts that I knew of which was very good news..

So basically I would advise you to stay in the hotel if you are 18-30 and are up for having a laugh! The security situation ain't ideal but it rarely is in Greece. Overall I'd advise to stay in the apartments and if I were to come back to Malia I'd most likely stay again.

All the best if anyone looking is going away to Malia, have fun and stay safe (not like some of my friends having unprotected sexual intercourse)!!! :-)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malia
1.3 km away
1.0 km away
Primavera Beach Studios & Apartments
1.0 km away
Kastro Beach Apartments

Been to Yiannis Manos Apartments? Share your experiences!