All reviewspool partynext yearlads holidayquiz nightpools are greatself cateringmalia portair conevery other dayfor making our holidayminute walk from the hotelgreat holidayolympic holidaysend of seasonthe security guardplenty of sunbedsthe main strip
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

We have returned this morning from our holiday to the Yiannis Manis Apartment.
My mother 78yrs, my son and daughter both teenagers.
We had booked last minute and believed we had a good deal, we read the reviews on trip advisor and had no fears for the accommodation.
No fears turned into a nightmare.
We were given room 130 a one bedroom apartment, arrival at 4:40am, shock and horror when we opened the door.
I can describe it how I would imagine a prison cell to be. Dark, dreary and in the 1970s.
We did not unpack as thought would change in a he morning this could not be right.
We paid the 50 euros for air con and asked about moving on the night? The security guard said no we had to speak to the manager in the morning 9am.
Both my mother and went to reception first thing to be told no this was the accommodation and no we could not swop.
We mentioned our concern re the slippery bath room it fell on deaf ears.
The receptionist had an answer for everything.
We did not find the welcoming staff mentioned in the reviews.
Obnoxious and evasive.
We returned to the room and thought would make the most of our holiday.
Which we did however when we went back up our room at any point we all felt sick.
The pool area you are not allowed to take own drinks of pop or water. Bar extremely expensive.
BBQ on Sunday an absolute farce. £48 for 4people a rip off.
Good sloped on your plate and a massive wait.
The only thing BBQ d was the chop maybe everything else deep fried.
I checked the fire extinguisher in our room to my absolute dismay out of date 2007 and empty.
I took to reception and asked for a replacement it was just taken from me and not replaced.
We holiday 4 times a year and had fantastic holidays and service, this holiday had neither.
Thank you for taking time to read.
Avoid these apartments, shocking and unsafe.
Regards
Kim Heggie

10  Thank Kim B
YiannisManosMalia, Manager at Yiannis Manos Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Kim,

Thank you for you review!

Im very disappointed to see that you have given us one star, however as over 420 people have rated us excellent I feel your opinion is not something which is agreed by many, including myself.

I think we will be okay, hope to see you again sometime... :)

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

We have just returned from a 7 night stay at Yiannis Manos apartments. Check in was easy and only took a few minutes. The room consisted of 3 single beds, a large wardrobe, dining table and chairs and kitchenette which was well equipped. Aircon is an extra €50 per week which we brought as we couldn't manage without but there was a constant breeze which flowed through the room with the balcony doors open if you decide not to buy the aircon. Wifi is €12 all week available on any device. We found it can only be used on one device at a time though. The wifi works anywhere in the resort and was most useful in the apartment room. The tv only had a few channels which were all news channels. One negative is that you have to buy your own toilet paper as this is not provided. The room was cleaned twice whilst we were there, providing us with clean towels and the bedsheets changed once. The pools were very clean. The larger pool had a volley ball net across and water jets going off throughout the day. The restaurant provides excellent food and drinks at reasonable prices, and we ate all our meals there. Plenty of choice on the menu. The staff are amazing, helpful, friendly and chatty. They really do make you feel at home, providing plenty of laughs. There is a shop 2 minutes walk from the hotel which we found out is also owned by the hotel and is a little pricey. There is another shop 5 minutes walk further down and is more reasonable. The beach is 10 minutes away and the strip is 15 minutes walk. There are loads of bars and restaurants to choose from on the strip which are reasonably priced. The weather was amazing and was mid 30's every day. Thankfully there was a nice breeze when your close to the sea front. There is a main road close to the hotel but I never really heard any traffic noise when at the pool or in the room. There are no paths when walking to the strip and the road does get busy with coaches and quad bikes so you do need to be careful with children when walking on the road. On a Wednesday the hotel offers a BBQ night which is €12 with a quiz and karaoke. The BBQ started at around 8.30pm and food was ready around 9.00pm. There was a large amount of people attending so we waited around 20 after that before we could go up for food. For €12 there was not much choice, chips, salad, egg fried rice which was quite bland and pasta salad. Sausage, chicken legs and pork chops, nice but very fatty. In our opinion over priced for what you got but the quiz etc after was very good and worth going to. Overall the hotel and staff are lovely and we would definitely go again. Any negatives mentioned are minor and would not put us off going again.

2  Thank Janine B
Reviewed August 17, 2017

Fantastic family run hotel. Very friendly and accommodating staff. The studio apartments are basic but then again you don't go on holiday to spend all your time in your room. The bar is open from 9 am - 7am.... Yes you read that right!!! The food is incredibly fantastic value for money and the menu is vast. I suggest you try some of the authentic Greek food off the menu.....all credit to the cooks...Bravo!!! Potamos beach is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel and is beautiful, especially when the waves are quite big. It's great fun, I can honestly say there was several nationalities all holding hands In great laughter. Thank you once again for a wonderful holiday Yiannis, Manos, Stephanos, Iliana, Nickee and apologies to any I have forgotten. See you June 2018 ( oh BTW I would seriously recommend the air con)

2  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

We booked a last minute holiday, through Olympic and hoped it would be OK, as the price was amazing. Ok, it was the best holiday we have ever had!!!
The complex had the most friendly staff and they would do anything to make your stay enjoyable.
The food was so good we never ate out once, why go out and spend more, when the food was excellent, the service was great and the cost amazing. For our family of 6, the most our evening meal cost £67.82. The menu, had a wide range to suit all and we got a choice every night of a "Special" at a cost of £6.90 and it was always gorgeous.
The Malia strip, was about a 10 minute walk, and the night life never affected your stay but was close enough that you could take a walk down during the day or early evening and look at the shops and have a drink but be back before it gets busy.
There is a wide range of beautiful beaches, water park, boat trips, and other day trips to do that one week is not long enough.
I have never found a hotel or apartments that made me relax, the way this hotel did. The Sunday BBQ is the best night ever, my husband, myself and 4 children had a night we will never forget, the staff are so much fun, and cater for every age.
I can understand why that the reviews are so good, and people of all ages go once and just keep going back. We certainly will be!!
AMAZING FAMILY HOLIDAY

Reviewed August 15, 2017

This place is amazing - Myself, partner and two teenage daughters loved everything about it. Staff amazing, food amazing, rooms are clean and sufficient... far enough from strip but close enough to walk. didn't need safe, all staff trustworthy - made lots of friends, no trouble and i miss it soooooo much!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family