All reviews next year lads holiday quiz night pools are great self catering malia port air con for making our holiday every other day end of season minute walk from the hotel great holiday olympic holidays the security guard plenty of sunbeds the main strip star beach
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

Do not understand anyone leaving a review of less than 4 stars!!!!

Ideal location!

Nice, genuine and hard working staff!

Good food!

The standard of room and amenities you get for your money is great!

Would definitely come again ;)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

We've just come back from a week staying at Yiannis Manos apartments.

Overall the experience was good, there are a handful of minor issues that prevented this from being a 5* review.

We had a one bed apartment (room 142), staying on a self catering basis. The room was nice and clean and the balcony was huge with a sea view.

The staff are all friendly and helpful, the service at the bar is good as are the prices and happy hour.

You're far enough away from the strip that you don't have to deal with all the noise that comes with it, but close enough to the nightlife that you can go and have a night out if you choose to (y). Both the beach and Malia Port are a short walk away.

The 2 pools are clean and well kept with plenty of sunbeds around which are free to use. The larger pool has inflatables to use and volleyballs with a net stretched across the shallower end of you want to hit a ball about while you're in the pool :)

We really did enjoy our stay, but the issues I've listed below detracted from it somewhat. This isn't a review to put the place down, I'd still recommend a stay here, just to make sure people are aware of the issues they may encounter.

Bad points:
-We went self catering, which is fine, but even by self catering standards it was pretty spartan. No tea towel or draining board for when you've done your dishes after making food. I've never stayed on a self catering basis before where there wasn't some way to dry or leave your washed dishes to dry provided. No kettle provided in the room.
-Cooking facilities in the kitchenette were minimal, a microwave (without convection option, so no way to oven cook things) and a little hob thing that has 1 large hob and 1 small.
-The shower.... the shower is a massive let down, a (maybe) 10cm tall plastic tray with a plug hole in it and a weird suspended shower curtain set up which makes it impossible to wash without flooding the bathroom. (There is a drain on the floor of the bathroom itself to assist with this issue, but the bathroom mat is soaked and unusable for a full day after one of you has a shower).
-Pool tables at the bar cost €2 per game (which is double the price of anywhere else we found). This wouldn't be such an issue except you're paying a premium price to use a table where the balls are all mismatched (not even all the same sizes) and cracked from having landed on the floor every so often.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a two week holiday, 4th year in a row, had an amazing time as usual, hotel is lovely rooms very clean and cleaned regularly ,plenty of sun loungers, staff are brilliant and cater to every need, food is exemplary, BBQ well worth the money, would recommend to ANYONE, only been back a day and would 100% go back now!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Molly W
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

Retuned from Yiannis Manos on 5th sept after a week holidaying there. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Yiannis Manos, the apts were of good standard and clean and well serviced.
The pools and public areas were all clean and looked after. The only negative was the toilets behind reception always out of loo roll, though I'm so used to being caught out in this respect anywhere in Greece , I always carry a pack of tissues. The staff were nice and polite and fun, always happy to attend to our requests.
We had pre-paid for breakfast and enjoyed a lovely full English of sausage, bacon, tomato, beans, hash brown and double egg every morning. Drinks are extra but more about that later.
Had a great night at the BBQ and quiz night, a lovely fun social event with lots of people attending. The food was decent too, though at 12 euros, not the best value. 60 euros plus drinks all night for 5 of us, ended up quite pricey!
Having been going to Greece since 1985 (32 years) I have seen lots of changes. Not least from drachma to euro. This year I really felt the pinch in my pocket though :-/ as a group of 5 ( 2 adults + 3 teenagers) just getting a round of drinks was between 15 and 20 euros, this was not just at Yiannis Manos, it was everywhere we went. Sticky fingers diner charge 5.50 euro for a special milk shake!!! Needless to say we didn't have one!
I don't go on holiday to scrimp and scrape by buying from a supermarket and eating and drinking in my room all day/night. If that's your bag then fair enough. But I can honestly say I was dismayed about the prices being charged for food and drink, especially soft drinks, everywhere we went.
I think that Greece is going to lose a lot of tourist if this continues, as people do want a good time on holiday without being ripped off. 3 euros for a glass of coke is a rip off!
After all this I would still go back to Yiannis Manos as loved everything about it, from the location, the views to the staff and amenities. Thank you for giving us a lovely holiday x

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Lesley B
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

We have just finished a weeks holiday here, my son enjoyed it very much, he met some friends and had a great time! The problem is the poolside snack bar is very pricey compared to anywhere else in the resort!! €5 for a kopperberg when's it's €1 in shop round there corner!! There are a lot more examples I could give!!

Also, felt pressured to pay for a BBQ night as was asked by staff 4-5 times before I caved in! Not like me either but just couldn't bare being asked all the time! €12 each! Food was ok I guess but not holiday food as you would want and had to commit to a night in the hotel! Most people like to go free on holiday so to have to pay for a BBQ night 3-4 nights prior is just a money making ploy for the hotel.

Also, two WC's on sites very rarely have toilet tissue and lack cleanliness.

We had a 0100hrs flight but had to check out our room at 1200hrs so had no Base for quite some time, my son was feeling very tired around 1700hrs so I asked for a room (happy to pay) but was told NO! I would understand if hotel was fully booked but was half full!! So had to sleep on sofa in reception! Also had to shower in communal WC without toilet tissue and horrible toilets!

I just got the feeling that once they knew you was leaving they didn't care about you and felt that poolside drinks were a total scam! Food was ok but nothing like you can get on the strip!

So if you stay at this hotel, make sure you take plenty of cash or eat and drink out!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family