See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 27, 2017

MAIN IDEA: I don't recommend, I won't recommend. Awful.

So, let's start with a little.
Our journey started with this place and I really sorry for that.
The photos on this website is OK but later take a look at my photos.

This option seemed to me both attractive and economical (the photos made me to believe that) but when we came there we saw smth really awful. OK, maybe not awful but certainly bad. Whether you respect yourself and the look of a room is important for you, this hotel is better to miss.

So, first of all, our room was on the groung floor and this time 'ground floor' is a real GROUND floor. There was a window where you can see people's legs =) very nice in the morning. And the smoke of cigarettes comes immideately to the room.

Secondly, photos are great, yes. BUT How many years ago were they made? Room's layout was as you can see here but conditions and the quality - definetly not.

You know, I asked to change tattered sheet... and got yellow one. Don't even know, what is better.

And the location of the hotel is smwhere in yards. But close to the center and the old Malia town. IT'S REALLY WORTH LIVING HERE! Oh, no, just kidding.

The most pretty thing - we moved the same morning.

When I told the host that the room doesn't look the same as ob photo and conditions are awful... He was offended and said that I accused him of lying. Funny.

Extra pay for
1. air conditioner
2. safe

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ivan V
Reviewed August 15, 2017

I had nice vacations in Malia. My room was rather comfortable. I could cook breakfast or make tea before going to the beach (the sea was great). Wi-Fi worked in the room. The place is very close to the centre of Malia and to the bus stop. But if you want silence, Malia is not the place you need. Young people in the hotels nearby are making fun. George (the owner) and his family are very kind and warm people. They are ready to help you.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank ekaterina729
giorgos m, Ιδιοκτήτης at Creta Mar-Gio, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Thank you ekaterina for your good words.

I hope to see you again!

Take care:)
George

Reviewed August 1, 2017

The owner is extremely cool and hospitable person! Made me and my friend feel very welcomed, comfortable, and well taken care of. The family atmosphere of the owners is very warm, they are very helpful and surely will take care of you properly.
The place is 100% in accordance with the description and the photos as advertised.
The best holiday ever!

Room Tip: all rooms are equally good
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
giorgos m, Owner at Creta Mar-Gio, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Thank you Julita for your good words!!
I hope to see you again both of you!! You were amazing girls!!

Take care
George:)

Reviewed July 18, 2017

Very nice hotel and very nice owners. Check in was very easy and quick. The hotel itself looks fantastic as you walk in.

The rooms are great, clean, tidy and have all the things you need in them. Clean towels and bedding provided and changed in the week once or twice. Rooms cleaned also and spotless on check in.

Great location as only about 2 minute walk off the strip and very low noise levels.

All in all, a great hotel!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

We as a couple have stayed in creta mar-gio for 12 days. The accommodation is really great. The fact that it is not a big building, just 15 apartments, makes it very cosy and that it is led by a family, makes it even better. At arrival they were already waiting for us to welcome us. The building on the outside looks great and is well maintained, with a lot of flowers and plants you pass by going to your room.

The apartment we had was a 2 room apartment. The inside is simple, but well maintained and clean. That's all you need as you will probably spend most of your time outside. The accommodation is situated perfectly, just a couple of minutes from the beginning of the barstreet. You would expect to hear loud music at the apartment or people walking by at night, but not once we have experienced this. The apartment has clear rules so this also will add to the peace and quietness.
During our stay the guests varied from couples, friends, even parents with little children. This makes clear it is a place to stay for everybody.

If you have questions or you need anything you can ask George. He speaks English very well. He is willing to help you out.

Summarized we had a great stay at creta mar-gio and if you are looking for a simple, but good place to stay with nice owners and perfectly situated, we would suggest to call them!!

Greetings from Amsterdam