All reviews main restaurant hotel grounds half board breakfast and dinner very nice hotel ping pong special thanks perfect holiday bungalow german crete sunbeds greek pools tavernas cupboard boys
Reviewed July 27, 2016

The hotel and resort itself are absolutely gorgeous, with fantastic beach frontage and glorious swimming pools. There are wonderful, shady courtyards with grape vines hanging down and a selection of really attractive sea front /poolside bars. The terrace for breakfast, lunch and dinner was absolutely beautiful; practically on the beach, and the quality of food was good. We were very disappointed however with the quality of our 'family room'. The definition on my booking through Weloveholidays.com was ' Standard/MountainView/Economy' and I would strongly recommend that you don't book this type of room unless you really don't care at all about bed comfort/having a shower/decor as it was something out of the early 80s. In fact I would strongly recommend that you don't book through Weloveholidays at all as when I phoned (about 5 times over the first two days of our holiday) the upshot was that I shouldn't have set too much store by the room photos on their website as these don't necessarily reflect the rooms at all and why did I mind that there wasn't a shower as there was a bath (it was 36º when we went and a bath doesn't really appeal!). I understood that they might be slightly different but the gulf between the rooms on their website and the room we were in was massive. The staff at the hotel were absolutely brilliant and couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. They upgraded us to their sister hotel Kalimera Kriti free of charge.

2  Thank Caroline M
Reviewed July 14, 2016

Beach view shown in brochure is not what we got, but we were moved; however, second move had adjoining door, so was not sound proof. We could hear baby crying in the night along with very loud snoring, loud enough to keep you awake. Also view was still marred by another building.... Food was average, but all staff were excellent, very polite and helpful.... I loved the bar and garden area, just behind the jewellery shop, and spent a lot of time drinking there and meeting new people, and purchasing jewellery of course from the friendliest people we'd met during our visit...I thought the signage for the different areas was poor, it needs to be more prominent. Also, how can you dress to go out without a full length mirror !!!

Room tip: I cannot help here !!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank MollyMH
Reviewed July 12, 2016

I stayed here for 8 nights with my other half. First appearance was far from the best, although we were greeted with a smile and checked in very efficiently. Our room was very clean , modern and very spacious. We were only provided with one key card to the room for the whole of our stay which on the odd occasion was a little inconvenient. The room had a lovely patio area overlooking a garden and partial sea view. There was the usual hair dryer, fridge a huge double bed with plenty of cupboard and wardrobe space. Although the room did have air conditioning, this was not very efficient. The majority of the dining area is outside and a none smoking area is provided. The hotel is wheelchair friendly especially when staying in the bungalows. As for the food provided, I would say this was very basic. The guests did have a choice of a couple of dishes each evening which was served by a waiter plus hot and cold buffet. We chose the buffet only most of the time. As for the puddings, they were poor. If you want ice cream, you will need to ask the waiter to collect this for you. Unfortunately, the buffet was very repetitive and often the hot food was cold. I don't think I could have coped for another evening.
My overall feeling of the food was this was cheap food of which the staff were trying to look fancy, with lots of re-heated dishes and left overs used for following day. I never saw a streak or piece of good meat. There was a Greek BBQ evening of which I expected Greek dancing but unfortunately, no Greek dancers. I believe the staff tried to participate in the Greek dancing. We were charged an extra £ 20 each for this. The food was however nice on this one occasion and the BBQ was set up in a lovely Greek theme.
Overall the food quality was not the usual 4/5 star quality.
The nicest part of this hotel is the beech of which is safe and clean. The sunbeds are provide free of charge to guests of the hotel. The grounds of the hotel are lovely too. Well spaced out in lovely gardens.
As for the entertainment. There was not really any to speak of. The hotel was very quiet and peaceful. The hotel lacked in entertainment and smiles.
There was not much for children to do.
Within minutes walk, there were plenty of shops and bars. The Happy Train was a nice experience of the area. We hired a car for a few days and explored a little of the island. I personally love Crete but this hotel does not live up to any I have stayed in previously. Lacking in Luxury

Room tip: Bungalow Garden / Sea View
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jacquelinebrierwood
Reviewed July 6, 2016

Stayed in this hotel for 10 days several days ago. I must say that this is my first vacation in 4-stars, usually we stayed in 5-star hotels but i'm trying to be objective. Hotel: absolutely ugly reception zone and main building, but bungalws and all territory are beatifully designed and very reasonably zoned plus awsome scenery on the mountains and incredible sunset. A lot of cats :) there are 1 main restaurant, 1 fish rest, 1 taverna, 1 cafe and 1 bar, mini supermarket and gym with very old euipment, 1 25 metres pool and 1 children pool with playground that's all. Beach and sea: devided between 2 hotels in little bay, sand beach is very good, one of the best on Create certainly, very clean and warm water, but very often stormy. I've heard that this is common practice for Crete but i stayed in rethimno and agia pelagia before and there sea was very calm. Room: 1 night we stayed in bungalow with sea view and other nights in bungalow with garden view and i recommend the last one, because it was less used, cleaner, nobody walk near your patio and view on the garden and sea very beatiful, very calm and just 3 minutes walking from the sea. Room are spacious with interesting design but not convinient stuff in bathroom and with hard conditioning. For me it was big surprise that 4-star hotel had no bathrobes and slippers in the room - big minus. Service and staff: polite but absolutely not friendly. Cleaning of room is poor, reception is useless, no any problem was decided from the first attempt. But i must say that we had absolutely professional waiter unfortunately i didnot ask his name but heard they called him Yanis and beach boy Dimitris, calm, enough polite not too much friendly and warm too but no any minuses in their hard work. Special thanks to them. Food: nothing special, breakfast is good with huge variety of menu,dinner - devided in 2 parts - buffet and a la carte main course but the last one is so boring, buffet was even much better. I got used to another food honestly. WARNING! If you have HB typeof meal never change dinner on lunch instead of described variety you'll get small portion of green salad and absolutely boring main course and 2 pieces of watermelon. Guests: german and french-speaking pensioners, no jewelry no black tie :) i'd say it is plus. A lot of smokers bad,bad, bad, no any animation but no any drunk persons very calm. So i'd say it is 4- no any emotions and WOW! For youth boring, boring and boring once again. If you want to have quiet and calm vacation go, you will not be dissapoint much but if you want memories and dreamful smiles remembering your holiday forget about this place. The main problem of the hotel i guess that here in russia it is overpriced other things you can stand :)
P.s. As a plus you can visit nearby 5-star hotel ikaros, it is very boring too but at least it has animation and discobar plus it has very spectaclural views where you can make amasing photos.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ksenia_aka_DJSnow
Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

What can i say good about this place .....
Nothing at all.
The place is the pits ...
My son and his pal checked into here on 18th June for 2 weeks.
The place had Ants crawling all over the room,
( i have photos to prove this claim )
The room was dirty and shabby,
Sheets were not changed until my son asked umpteen times for this to happen.
Towels had to be bought elsewhere as towels provided where threadbare and dirty.
Food was an absolute joke !
My son was charged €8 for a cracked pane of glass in a door, that was already there when they checked in !!
My first review was taken down by tripadvisor because Kernos manager dod not loke the truth ....
Strange as i thought this tripadvisor website was in place for people to leave feedback on their experiences whilst travelling ????
Maybe i have got this idea wrong .... i doubt it !!
Review readers beware,
Kernos Beach Hotel is a joke and if this hotel was in the UK,
Enviromental Health would have closed it down and stripped it of its licence to operate.
Keep well away from here.
Holiday from Hell contender.

Trip type: Travelled with family