Hermes Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Diogenis Hotel(Hermoupolis)
Vourlis Mansion(Hermoupolis)
  • Room Service
All reviewsfell asleepfaded gloryexcellent locationone nightroom viewan older hotelrocky beachswimming poolcomfortable bedssea viewsyros islandyogurtcorridorwificonferenceshipscloset
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

we are traveling through Aegean islands and we had to stop over at Siros for 8 hours and so we decided to get a room to take a nap and refresh ourselves!the price for half stay was extraordinary!at 09.00 on the room becide they were working with a drill and hummering!I called the reception to complain and immidiadiatelly the guys stop!but at 10.15 thay resume their operation!once again I called the reception and that stopped!at 11.10 they resume again..upon the check out I formally complain to the receptionist and she was as rude the the morning old guy shift and told us that we didnt pay for the whole amount !unbelievable!!!unexpected!!!i prepay on the arrival the whole requested amount!!!!at the finish i request for a complain box and she told me that they don't give any! may intention was to rest a couple of hours but we didn't achieve it and for the tip we get a strong headache to continue our trip!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2016

Hermes Hotel is situated at the tip of the penninsula forming the Ermoupolis into a protected bay, offering guests in many of the rooms a fantastic view, but also first row contact to the ocean. I stayed there only one night - unfortunately - a very wind one, and what a noise. My room was a a corner, overhanging the stone pebble beach, and the sound from the waves hitting the rock walls was overwhelming. It's a sound that I love in many ways; I just couldn't sleep for a very long time, simply because of its intensity. I know that if I'd stayed another night, things would have changed. The hotel is not luxurious in any way, but everything works, people are friendly and the location is superb. Adding to that, Syros ( or rather Ermoupolis ) was a great, positive surprise, leaving me somewhat - just slightly - in love, and I really hope that I'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2016

We booked late and one of few options was a room with three beds. A bit more expensive than we wanted, but on our arrival we were pleased with our choice and would select the room again if we were to return.
The room was large and had a huge balcony with views of the harbour. I loved to spend time there in the morning and evening to watch the activity of the port (during the day it became too hot to stay more than two seconds). I never thought I would enjoy watching the ferries come and go …
The beds were OK. It is really a good place if you are three as the third person gets an equally good bed.
The breakfast included was OK. Coffee/tea, juice, bread, eggs, yoghurt, fruit and cakes.
The staff was nice and always ready to help.
After climbing hills every day on our vacation in the Greek islands we were happy to stay at a hotel on the same level as most of the restaurants and shops.
There was a tiny garden in the courtyard with some sun beds and chairs. It was a nice place to relax with a book. There was also a strip of pebbly beach. It was actually not too bad to use on days when it wasn't windy. But over all Syros is not the island I would choose for a beach holiday. We went to Kini and had to walk for ages before the water reached over the knees – good for small kids though.
There are two reasons why I don't give the hotel top grades. The wifi was not good. Slow and patchy. At times we couldn't get any connection at all, even when we went to the lobby. The problem seemed to increase by the number of guests.
The other reason is the cleaning. The daily cleaning was fine, but the room needed more thorough attention. There were layers of dust on items like lamps and the end of the bedstead.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2016

I had supper at the hotel while trying to rest and recover from long sailing trips, staff were very helpful, food was good, hotel very clean, comfortable and conveniently located, wi-fi very fast, thank you.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2016

We had to go to Syros island for one night and decided to stay at Hermes Hotel due to its convenient location - 15 to 20min walk along picturesque seafront path from the ferry port.
Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. We booked sea view room and we were literally on the water.......literally right there - Amazing. We closed shutters at night and left doors open and fell asleep with the sound of waves breaking lightly on the rocks below our balcony. We awoke refreshed in the morning from very comfortable beds and enjoyed the buffet breakfast.
Breakfast selection is not HUGE but ample enough and considering the room rate we paid (BB) was good value for money.
We also ate at their restaurant in the evening. Nice menu, moderate prices, but the service could have been a little better and definitely more friendly.
Beautiful Location on great island and will certainly go back !!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family