All reviews nearby church overlooking the ocean clear water great view swimming area charming hotel short walk the owner sea town island capital port shelter greece syros ferry
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Great location next to St Nikolas amazing Greek Orthodox Church overlooking the Vaporia historic area of the Syros capital.
Parking is a problem as closest parking area was 500m which can be a problem with the summer heat.
Breakfast is being served in a nice terrace with great views.
Rooms are clean and well equipped.

The big problem we found in our two day stay in this hotel were the people hosting us. We felt unwelcome. Their attitude was cold and distant although just short of being rude. It was like they were doing us a favor... Especially the person in charge of breakfast really needs to rethink his behavior not only towards guests but also towards stuff. It is a pity as this hotel could offer an amazing experience if run properly.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 101nikosm
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our recent stay here. We loved the fit out of the property and the staff were very helpful and pleasant to deal with. It is set a short walk from the hustle and bustle of downtown Syros but offers great views over the ocean. The restaurant across the road is a must!

The only downside was the shower head kept shooting water outside of the bath and would wet the whole floor.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

The room was very good and the view was perfect. The owners were really helpful and kind. The location was very convenient, really close to the sea and the same time in the city center. It is a really beautiful place to stay in Ermoupoli. I recommend it.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2018

It was my last day in Ermoupolis. I had a piece showing in the EyesWalk Festival and had gotten an economical accommodation for a couple days. I had already checked out of my accommodation, left my bags at the ferry office, and went in search of last hours of beauty on the island. As a lifelong swimmer, all I wanted was one more swim. But how to do that with a computer and camera on my back? I took a chance and walked into Melanthron and happened to be met by the owner. I presented my simple request for a secure place and he recognized the simplicity in saying, "Of course! Why not!" ...In my line of design work and improvisational theater, this is called, "Yes, and! Accept all offers" and is what allows ideas to flow and innovation to happen. I couldn't have been more delighted and grateful. He presented me with an underwater daydream to last a lifetime. I hope to return and stay at the gracious Syrou Melathron.

Room tip: Bring a sense of fun!
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2017

The hotel is a former mansion and is 172 years old. The rooms have been tastefully modernised but retain the elegance of a by gone age. The decor in the public areas is magnificent. Breakfast taken outside on the terrace catered for all tastes with some dishes being prepared to your taste. Very helpful staff who were very welcoming. The views from the sea view rooms overlook Little Venice and are superb. There is a swimming platform below the hotel where you can sunbathe. Set in a quiet, very refined area not far from the town centre, we enjoyed our stay tremendously.

Room tip: Choose a room with a sea view.
Date of stay: September 2017