2,030 results
All reviewssunset barwaiter servicepool areashuttle busthe main hotelthomson repevening entertainmentpizzasuperior roommood lightinggreat holidayour honeymoonsalada la cartetwo weekswelcome meetingall inclusive hotel
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

Spent the week here as a base for visiting the local attractions. All inclusive with Tui. The hotel provides a free bus service into Sorrento as the hotel is based up in the hills. All the staff were great and catered for a gluten free traveller in our party very well.

2  Thank Simon K
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

Amazing location ! - amazing staff (all the staff are the best in the industry) - amazing holiday myself and my husband loved it so much made some amazing friends ! - we have enjoyed every trip, every meal, every exercise class, every little bit of this hotel has a bit of my heart ! - perfect in every way totally fell in love with Italy because of the hotel thank you your all amazing #bestplaceever

3  Thank Sophie H
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

This hotel really understands about quality service we were greeted with a smile and from start to departure the service never faltered. The head chef gave me a one to one pizza making lesson he showed me all about the wood burning oven.
Looking forward to returning next year.

2  Thank steven h
Reviewed October 25, 2017

Having spent holidays in Sorrento & Positano 16 & 14 years ago we were looking forward to our stay at the Tui Sensimar Nastro Azzurro. We were not disappointed! This was our first all inclusive hotel stay and thoroughly enjoyed the experience from start to finish. Our room was on the second floor in the main building and was well laid out and had all the amenities - good sized room, bathroom and large shower which was like a walk in shower/wet room! Tea, coffee & fridge full of water which was replenished daily and free wifi! The food was great with lots of choices - and loved the salads which were also replenished as soon as they were low ! I can't understand how people complained about the food in previous reviews - and at breakfast omelettes & eggs etc were cooked to order! There was a good selection of wines & other drinks - I am a shareholder of the oldest wine society in the UK and always found a wine that would accompany our dinner - red or white - and prosecco was also available, all inclusive ! Some excellent Campania wines available - but when I went out for a meal I then tried my favourites such as Greco di Tufo & Lacryma Chrysti , but the hotel selection was good and went well with the food selections. The staff were all so obliging - nothing was too much trouble. They even left a bottle of bubbly on ice & birthday cake in our room for my wife's birthday which was actually on the day we were leaving so they did it the day before - a nice touch which was appreciated! The pool and amenities were good - plenty of beds to relax on - and lunch by the poolside restaurant was very pleasant. Regular shuttle into Sorrento but we enjoyed the fact that we could visit the town but had the ambience of the peace and quiet in pleasant surroundings - the best of both worlds! Thank you to the staff - Maitre D & Salvatore and special mention to Super Mario - we missed saying goodbye but enjoy your honeymoon & cruise - you deserve it ! Ciao ! Malcolm & Laurie

Room Tip: Depends what you like - some people prefer the annexe but we liked the main hotel building
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Malcolmelwood
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Annexe rooms
We stayed here for a week in one of the Annexe rooms which is separate from the main hotel. The room was really comfortable and had everything you needed including a safe (free to use), fridge (stocked up with water daily), kettle, coffee machine, dressing gown and slippers. If you are a light sleeper you may want to email the hotel in advance to ask for a room at the end of the corridor. We had the end room on the ground floor and whilst this room had the smallest outside space we were still really glad we got this room. The corridor outside has laminate flooring which is very noisy, so you can hear every time the other guests come and go. The walls are also very thin so you can hear the toilet flushing and showers being used from the room next door, so we were glad to only have one neighbour. Luckily though all the guests in the surrounding rooms were considerate and quiet so it wasn’t really a problem. The guests seemed to be exclusively British couples, no stag or hen parties.

The quality of the food was excellent and there was always plenty to choose from, although it could have been more varied at lunchtime. Twice a week dinner is a buffet and we preferred this to ordering from a menu as it’s much quicker. We didn’t have to wait too long at any time though, but I can imagine in the summer with a fully booked hotel you’d have to wait a while to both be seated and to have your food.

Books
There is a very large book exchange in the main lobby and a smaller one in the Annexe lobby so no need to bring that many books with you. I saw new books added daily and all in English as well.

Park area
Don’t miss out on the Park area with the outside whirlpool and seats and sofas in the shade. There is also table tennis available in this area and it was really peaceful and relaxing spending time here. It was almost empty as most people sat by the large outdoor pool instead.

Staff
I found all the staff very professional and helpful, very hardworking at all times and eager to please. They seemed genuinely delighted when seeing returning guests as well.

Cats
If you’re not keen on cats don’t worry, there aren’t that many of them and they are quite timid so you won’t see much of them. If you do like cats you should bring some food for them as they do appreciate this! Seek out the ginger cat Rosie who mainly hangs out around the Annexe and park area, she is very friendly and likes a cuddle.

To sum it up, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would be happy to return.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple