All reviews horse riding day trip langhe horses instructor furniture
Reviewed April 9, 2012

As you can see from the title, the most important word in the name of this hotel is "Country" - it's on a back road, set in the countryside, so expect to be isolated. And we were not displeased with this hotel - the triple room we had was charming - but perhaps the second word in the hotel's name is stretching it a bit. This is not a "Relais" in any sense of the word I know.

The approach is not charming but is rather littered with loitering, LARGE dogs, at least 15 of them, all of whom seemed friendly but none of which were fenced or in any way secured. If I had had young children with me, I would not have allowed them out without an adult: a pity, since the hotel park is inviting.

The room was charming but the owner was astonished when we asked for 3 extra pillows, and although the pillows were brought to us in a timely way, we had to hear first of all how busy they'd been all day. Ho hum - isn't that the name of the game? The bathroom would definitely be improved with a ventilator - got a little damp in there - and the bed linens need to be renewed: they were clean but had been washed so many times they were beginning to wear through in places.

On a positive note, the breakfast was tasty, tasteful and ample.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We organized a stay here for our extended family New Years Eve. The hotel is located in the country side a few minutes outside of Rome and near Lago Bracciano and is easy to. Horses abound for anyone who enjoys riding. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Our rooms were comfortable and clean. The hotel restaurant was excellent. We will visit again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2011

My first visit was in June so it was interesting to return in December. The weather was still beautiful and this time I got to visit Castello Odescalchi Bracciano a short drive from the hotel . Again the riding was great and Maria is a wonderful instructor once again thank you.
Thanks too to all the staff and helping me with attempts to lean Italian. The food and wine were delicious.

Room Tip: Both rooms I've stayed in have been great and the suite was excellent
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank teamtulloh
Reviewed December 2, 2011

For almost ten years I have been regularly coming back to I Due Laghi to ride horses, to rest, to savour the food and to enjoy the hospitality of the people who work there. The cordial and helpful attitude of the staff is invaluable. Every member of the staff does his/her best to make all guests feel welcome, to help them with their queries and to accomodate their wishes.
A great place for vacations and mini-breaks.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Irina S
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed for a week-end during our latest short-tour of Italy.
The staff was very welcoming and eager to be helpful. We were looking for a relaxing break and got it, plus the staff gave us great hints for exploring the area a bit.
We really enjoyed the food - a lot of healthy local ingredients, very tasty and refined.
We plan to come back next Spring for a more energetic break and do some horse-riding. Whether you're looking to relax or make the best of the local countryside - which is amazing, by the way - this is the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple