All reviews horse riding day trip langhe horses instructor furniture
Reviewed May 27, 2015

I really enjoyed staying here for a few nights (May 2015). The Relais was a relaxing place to stay with lovely gardens and many places to walk or go horse riding. I joined in with two hacks with Maria. The hacks were great fun with lovely scenery of the lakes. It was also nice to take the dogs along on our hack. The horse that I rode was very well behaved and well looked after, as were all of the horses that I saw during my stay. Will be sure to return again!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 7 nights in early October. This was my first time in Italy, and we both enjoyed staying in the countryside but still near enough to visit Rome easily. I love to horseback ride, so this was an ideal location where they offer both lessons and hacking. Maria, the riding instructor and guide, was excellent! I enjoyed her lessons but most especially hacking around the estate. The views from the hills over Lake Bracciano and the surrounding area were amazing!! The horse I was given (Daquiri) was very athletic, and it was fun to take in some cross country jumps while out hacking (a rare opportunity when hacking out on holiday). Maria even took videos of me jumping so that I could remember my experience :)

There were so many wonderful things to see and do around the lake and within 45 minutes to an hour of the hotel. Matteo was especially helpful in suggesting places to visit such as the Monster Sculpture Park in Bomarzo, Villa Lante, Santa Severa, and Castello Odescalchi (all of which were fantastic). The train station in Anguillara (only about 10 mins drive) was very convenient for visiting Rome and Vatican City.

Our room was comfortable and good sized with free wifi. The daily breakfast buffet was delicious, especially when accompanied by hot chocolate and cappuccino served by Giuseppe. We also savored our dinner at the hotel's restaurant, especially the cheese tasting plate with goat cheeses made on the estate. I definitely recommend this hotel, especially for equestrians!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HorseCastleLover
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stopped here basically as a last resort on our way to Rome the next day. We had wanted to stay on or close to Lago di Bracciano, but after a couple of hours of driving around the lake and looking for an available room we ended up out of the way at I Due Laghi. We arrived a bit late, around 6pm and the hosts were gracious enough to keep the pool open for another hour for us, which was very nice, they also gave us a suite for the same price as a smaller room. We ate on the outside patio for dinner and really enjoyed the dinner, the food was very good. The riding stables seemed very nice and if that were the reason you are coming here, it seems great. We woke up early and had a great breakfast and headed into Rome.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
caravaggio56, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Country Relais I Due Laghi, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Thank you for your positive opinion and with the pleasure of having you as our guest again we look forward to having a better score.

Best Regards.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed here for three nights in June 2013 on our way to Sicily. The grounds were pleasant and ideal for those into horses. Staff were pleasant enough but the room was small and uninspiring. The food was not good and served in an almost empty restaurant by a disinterested waiter. On our third night we decided not to eat at the hotel!

The hotel was so disappointing that we cancelled our scheduled stay there on our return trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

We read your critics and we regret.
In past seasons, 2012-2013, the hotel and the restaurant has gone through a period business difficulty. In this way we have sometimes had the "organizational failures" and then the service has suffered. Since January 2014, the new management has renovated the staff and the hospitality style, improving the quality of service offered, and this is certified by the Thumbs.
We would be happy that you can verify the change on a future occasion.

Best regards

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My daughter and I had a riding holiday here. Maria Guttridge made the experience unforgettable. She is an exceptional stable manager coping with horses, staff, clients and the hunting stable owner with gentle grace.

We had two hours of lessons in the morning and a 3-4 hour hack in the afternoons. With just enough time to rest between. The lands surrounding are a protected ecological reserve and charmingly beautiful. The water buffalo added an intriguing challenge to our hack that phased Maria not at all. Her calm kept all her charges in good stead.

The horses are well stabled and the eldest animal near the end of its life was allowed to amble where it found comfort. Our confidence and competence riding increased considerably. Maria encouraged sensibly challenges.

The hotel was fine. The restaurant was competent, we had an inclusive meal which quickly seemed tiresome by its lack of variety but we came to ride. The staff were gracious or characterful. Come to ride for an good value riding holiday.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family