“Away from the maddening crowd! A hidden pearl!”

Country Relais I Due Laghi
Reviewed 12 June 2016

45 minutes away from Rome lies this marvellously beautiful place between lakes and rolling mountains amidst meadows and green fields. Everything inside the hotel preserves some soul of its history. Outside, the beautiful garden! If you wish to spend some quality time away from the madden crowds of urban life or the city of Rome, this is perhaps a choice for you! Loved every minute there!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 March 2016

Nice people at the reservation and the reception... They should look immediately for another place to work... Is someone taking care of their garden? dirty terrasses, dirty cheers, unpainted and dirty walls, dirty windows, a matrass harder than a brick, a toilet that should be fixed, besides 2 bottles of water nothing in the fridge, a so called breakfast, with orange juice that smells and taste like colored sugar water, just a few cold eggs, bread?????, cheese??? too sweet jam in a portionpack, just the Nutella was ok.... DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL.....it is not because of the horses that might give you an illusion, that you should even leave the road to check this hotel... most bad experienced in ever in Italy... their are so many beautiful alternatives, and no... inam not at all a spoiled traveller... but I like value for money and professionel respect.... Jacques Reynders from Belgium

Room Tip: What they mention as the best room was a depressive experience
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacques R
Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

We spent two nights. The hotel is old with many old furnitures and antiquities. The nature around is very nice especially the lakes although it is autumn. İt is located in a farm.They make their own goat cheese.The food is delicious especially lake fish. Breakfast hasnot much speciality. You can have a relaxing time in nature but not in a high standart of accomodation.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2015

We stayed in an easy access room here for four nights after a mediterranean cruise and loved the setting and tranquility. The bed was very comfortable and the room spacious. Reception staff were attententive and polite and went out of their way to help when our departure airport was suddenly changed. Wifi is available in the restaurant and reception.
This is a hotel within an agricultural area and produce from its own farm is offered in the restaurant which has a traditional menu of pasta dishes together with various meat and fish items. Corigone, a local whitefish from Lago Braccioni, is a speciality. The service is prompt and very polite.
Although somewhat off the beaten track, it is quite a short distance from the local town of Anguillara Sabazia where there are numerous other eating establishments. We enjoyed our short stay and would certainly recommend it to others who are not in search of the high life.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2015

I really enjoyed staying here for a few nights (May 2015). The Relais was a relaxing place to stay with lovely gardens and many places to walk or go horse riding. I joined in with two hacks with Maria. The hacks were great fun with lovely scenery of the lakes. It was also nice to take the dogs along on our hack. The horse that I rode was very well behaved and well looked after, as were all of the horses that I saw during my stay. Will be sure to return again!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2014

My husband and I stayed for 7 nights in early October. This was my first time in Italy, and we both enjoyed staying in the countryside but still near enough to visit Rome easily. I love to horseback ride, so this was an ideal location where they offer both lessons and hacking. Maria, the riding instructor and guide, was excellent! I enjoyed her lessons but most especially hacking around the estate. The views from the hills over Lake Bracciano and the surrounding area were amazing!! The horse I was given (Daquiri) was very athletic, and it was fun to take in some cross country jumps while out hacking (a rare opportunity when hacking out on holiday). Maria even took videos of me jumping so that I could remember my experience :)

There were so many wonderful things to see and do around the lake and within 45 minutes to an hour of the hotel. Matteo was especially helpful in suggesting places to visit such as the Monster Sculpture Park in Bomarzo, Villa Lante, Santa Severa, and Castello Odescalchi (all of which were fantastic). The train station in Anguillara (only about 10 mins drive) was very convenient for visiting Rome and Vatican City.

Our room was comfortable and good sized with free wifi. The daily breakfast buffet was delicious, especially when accompanied by hot chocolate and cappuccino served by Giuseppe. We also savored our dinner at the hotel's restaurant, especially the cheese tasting plate with goat cheeses made on the estate. I definitely recommend this hotel, especially for equestrians!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HorseCastleLover
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stopped here basically as a last resort on our way to Rome the next day. We had wanted to stay on or close to Lago di Bracciano, but after a couple of hours of driving around the lake and looking for an available room we ended up out of the way at I Due Laghi. We arrived a bit late, around 6pm and the hosts were gracious enough to keep the pool open for another hour for us, which was very nice, they also gave us a suite for the same price as a smaller room. We ate on the outside patio for dinner and really enjoyed the dinner, the food was very good. The riding stables seemed very nice and if that were the reason you are coming here, it seems great. We woke up early and had a great breakfast and headed into Rome.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
caravaggio56, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Country Relais I Due Laghi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for your positive opinion and with the pleasure of having you as our guest again we look forward to having a better score.

Best Regards.

Alfredo Hotel
#2 of 5 in Bracciano
14.6 km away
Antico Borgo di Sutri

Been to Country Relais I Due Laghi? Share your experiences!