The good things:
- Clean high quality new rooms with good amenities and balcony.
- Close to the fantastic beach
- Professional staff
- Parking right in front of the hotel - empty deserted street.
Things to be improved:
- Bathroom amenities - for example conditioner
- 24 hrs on-site staff availability - now we felt like being the only occupants of the hotel - or the whole area - at night.
- No beach or sea-view
- Breakfast poor
- Area of hotel seems poorly maintained - bad roads, not so clean.
The hotel is in the middle of a residential area full of apartments apparently empty in winter. We arrived to a closed gate. We called the hotel and the manager had to travel still from another town, we were indeed too early but did not expect to arrive to a closed hotel. The area seemed completely deserted - a ghost town with empty deserted streets covered with pot holes and loose sand - it was winter indeed. We waited for the owner on the fantastic beach nearby. When the owner arrived he showed us to our room. A new hotel, but no elevator it seems. Room was good, warm, spacious bathroom and amenities expected of good 3 or 4 star hotel.
When we arrived again in the night after dinner, the whole area seemed dark, deserted and empty. Spooky... We opened the hotel gate with our room-key, the sound seemed loud in the empty streets, and the hotel, and our room. But no sign of life anywhere except us. Even the lights of the hotel were on (but the reception was closed and lights off). So we went to bed feeling like the only occupants of a ghost town. I woke up in the night hearing an alarm sounding nearby, thinking this area to be a great place for burglars now since no-one around at all. And apparently no-one to shut down the alarm. The alarm kept ringing all night until someone stopped it around 8am.
We got up and went for breakfast, finding the reception open and three staff inside, but only us as customer. We paid for the room and for breakfast which consisted of a coffee and a croissant, but a second croissant was possible.
Good place in summer I think. Would not stay here again in winter. Felt a bit like an adventure but not very comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The saeside resort “Baia Verde”, known for its magnificent fine and golden sandy beaches, is one of the most facinating touristic areas of Gallipoli. It is famous also for its emerald, crystal clear sea and its low sea bottm, ideal for children. In this oasis of natural beauty is located the new elegantly furnished Hotel Risberg*** built in modern style, with refined outdoor spaces. It is only a few hundred meters away from the beautiful sea where there is an alternation of free beaches and comfortable beach clubs with plenty of facilities for all ages. This is the ideal place to spend an unforgettable holiday nearby a clean sea, where everyone can find its space and dimension, sourrounded by an enchanting natural scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Risberg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.