We were looking for a sunshine laden family break with a relatively short flight in a part of Italy we had not visited previously.
The hotel was larger than we would have liked but enjoys a stunning location on a fantastic white sandy beach.
We flew into Bari for more convenient flights, but Brindisi is much nearer - 2.5 hour drive bordering on the limit of inconvenience was just about bearable.
The rooms were not large but well appointed. Soundproofing is limited so if you want early nights, make sure you are not overlooking the terrace - very loud music/cabaret until midnight or so.
Pool is large and reasonably clean - however, if you are expecting a diving board - one of our must-haves for our son - it's only on the web photos, not the poolside! The beach shelves gradually and unless the wind is very strong, is perfectly safe, with lifeguard cover too. The beachfront has the usual rows of beds and brollies, just the way the Italians like it, but they do not strech very far, so if you want more than the allotted two square metres, the beach to the south stretches for a mile or so.
It is the last hotel south of Gallipoli, so there are interesting walks, being next to a nature reserve, though a bit too ambitious to walk into town. Hire car was useful as the last shuttle bus leaves and returns quite early. Handy for Lecce sightseeing. Excellent Air Show in Gallipoli at the end of July.
Learn Italian!!! English not widely spoken so the menu was a bit of guesswork. Food was locally sourced and very good, if a bit limited - 3 choices of each course in buffet style.
Overall very good but probably would not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The structure has 120 rooms with private services, shower, air conditioning with thermostatic control, tv color with reception from satellite, minibar, wifi.The tasty flavour of the kitchen salentina, with local fish of the Jonio, with best wines sucha as primitivo or negroamaro are present all day at our restaurant in terrace or dining room.In the tranquillity of one of the most evocative bays of the Puglia, the Sirenè is completely dipped in the green of a pine wood with private access. The hotel has private beach, swimming pool with bathtub for the happiness of children, nautical circle with school sub and polyvalent field of tennis, calcetto, basket and volleyball with lighting system, health path nature in the charming one reserves naturalistic of Tower of the Peak ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ecoresort Le Sirene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ecoresort Le Sirene Hotel Gallipoli
- Ecoresort Le Sirene Gallipoli