“Good, Sometimes Inventive, Dishes But a Bit Pricey”

Ristorante I Cabbasisi
Ranked #59 of 255 Restaurants in Modica
Description: Fresh fish of the day and meet brought in a simpler style and in absolute respect of the 'old Sicilian culinary tradition.
Reviewed February 27, 2018

An attractive place, with an attentive staff. The food was good; I had an orange and fennel salad, which sounded weird, but the ingredients went well together. The swordfish was well prepared. Dinner for two with drinks came to 61 euro, considerably higher than in other Sicilian cities

Ina P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Ristorante I Cabbasisi, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Thank u so much.
Greatings from Modica

Reviewed December 1, 2017

Ate lunch twice there. Never had better fish anywhere. Fish filet with crust of zucchini & mint. Salmon crusted with pistachios, etc. Wonderful grilled vegetables. Outstanding baked potatoes. None better rolls.

Ina P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Ristorante I Cabbasisi, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2017

Thank you so much for your review.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ended up on the terrace of this trattoria whilst walking through Modica on a sunny September Sunday. We didn't have much expectations, but were pleasantly surprised with what we got.

We shared a delightful Sicilian antipasto as starter and just loved the different tastes (some grilled fish and little pieces of traditional Sicilian food).

We both took a linguine alle vongole as main dish and were very happy with the pasta dish. Careful: large portions! Just can't believe Italians still have some place left for a secondo and dessert after such a plate!

Conclusion: lovely lunch!

Ina P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Ristorante I Cabbasisi, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Thanks for the review. We are glad that you enjoyed our food. Best regards

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

Delicious food in large portions. We had fried squid and shrimp and a whole grilled octopus. Excellent quality.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

I ordered the grilled swordfish (recommended by my server) $15 euro & baked potato (really baked fries) $5. The fish was 1/8" thick, tough, no flavor (was told it was a press grill & that is how it is cut in Sicily really thin) - untrue! I have a very small appetite & left there hungry for 20 euro???

1  Thank Diane R