The hotel is located in peaceful countryside 20mins from Modica and 40min from Noto ( Ragusa not much further but haven't gone on this trip) making it a good base to do touring. The hotel is 2 buildings, one single story each with a patio with a table and lounger and the other double story where there are 2 suites and the restaurant and reception.
We booked the suite so we could have a separate room for our baby boy in his cot. The suite is a good size, the indoor shutter black out the room (good for baby naps) and door to the bedroom closed so it was a proper suite vs just having two separate areas. The downside to the room is that like many hotels in Italy, soundproofing just isn't a consideration and normally it is just one layer of brick between you and the next room....and in this case the restaurant and reception. I am sure this wouldn't have been an issue but on our first night the hotel was hosting dinner for about 25 people and the restaurant was right below our room. Needless to say, we didn't even think about getting to bed until 11pm but it was well past 11:30 before things were quiet and it didn't sound like the party was in our room. When guest are at reception you can hear every word in the front room of the suite and only with the door closed to the bedroom do the voices get muffled. If we didn't need a suite, I certainly would prefer one of the double rooms in the other building and ask for one on the end. The furnishing at the hotel are fine and the bed was comfortable enough.
The grounds are nice but un-manicured but there are lovely lemon trees and palm on the grounds. The pool is very small and is the same depth. There are plenty of comfy loungers with umbrellas but the stone around the pool is very uneven....basically it isn't a pool/pool area for small children. There are tables on the grounds to enjoy the breeze and evening light and there is a nice courtyard between the 2 buildings which also has tables where you can have a meal.
The big surprise was the quality of the meals. We ate here 2 nights and were impressed both nights with the quality of the pasta courses and meat courses...and 30 euro fixed prices was very fair for the number of courses and quality. The breakfast buffet was also very good.
The staff could not have been nicer and more helpful and really added to our experience and made our stay very relaxing and pleasant despite the noisy first night. They certainly did their best to accommodate us and were very genuine in their efforts.
To sum it up, very good marks for food and staff and good marks grounds and average for rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the Val di Noto, in the territory of Modica, a UNESCO World Heritage city, is Cambiocavallo Unesco Area & Resort 4-star hotel by the charm of a charming hotel, in the countryside of iblea in a strategic position, 4 km from the crystal clear sea and at about 1:30 h from Malta. Born from the careful restoration of an old "posada," a resting place for travelers on horseback, is now a modern hotel with all amenities, surrounded by a lush garden Arab-Mediterranean. The hotel, fully renovated with a conservative intervention, it maintains the charm of the structure while the decor is inspired by the design criteria and research in contemporary minimalist lines and sober colors, an elegance that is, calibrated thanks to the inclusion of some traditional features: ceilings warps with reeds and wooden beams and stone walls still visible, others with lime plaster in warm colors to please the eye and the comfort of the guests. A place where modernity and innovation are combined with a typical unique and precious to give life to a unique way of conceiving the hospitality ... a sort of Concept Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cambiocavallo - Unesco Area & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambiocavallo Unesco Area Hotel
- Cambiocavallo - Unesco Area & Resort Modica, Sicily