All reviews riding lessons non riders long table family style wonderful horses other guests hour ride keep coming back magical place dinner table big family learn how afternoon lessons year after year home cooked great company someone's home
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My finance and I spent almost a week at this lovley place and had dressage lessons. The horses were very well trained and the instructors were helpful, well educated, spoke good English, and were also very nice. The rooms vere nice and our room had a great view over the tuscan landscape. All meals were very nice, no risk for starvation. Since dinner were together will all other guests, we all got to know eachother which was good. Nice pool and nice environment in this small village. Also a good place for children. Beautiful landscape to ride in, although a bit too warn when we were there. The staff could help arrange other events, such as wine tasting. On the whole we would strongly recommend the place if you are interested in good riding and nice food! /E&D

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2011

This was my first stay at Il Paretaio and Italy, and it was fantastic. I felt very welcome in (what it felt like) the "family" of staff and other guests. The room was spacious and the bathroom was gigantic! I wish mine looked like that. We were quite a large group and after getting to know our experiences in dressage we were divided into groups. I got the lovely Jenny to teach me (I'm not such an experienced rider) and I loved the graphic way she was showing me how to do things! I also attended Christinas "Body awareness" class. That was probably one of the highlights of the trip. After that class I feel that we all got more calm and sensitive towards the horses and between ourselves as a group. We all rode excellent the lesson after the class!
The surroundings were wonderful, and it helped a lot to have a car. Between lessons, we could explore Tuscany, and if necessary, we could always ask to have our lessons moved so we'd have more time.
This was a perfect getaway, and I'm sure I'll return to improve my riding (and waistline...)
Did I mention that the food and wine was excellent!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Recently I spend a gorgeous week at Il Paretaio. I got very good instructions in the dressage lessons on well-kept horses. A challenge to go on with training at home.
The atmosphere is familiar, accomodations and food are superb. This was my fourth visit to Il Paretaio located in the wonderful Toscany.

Gustav G.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My non riding husband and I have just returned from another wonderful visit to Il Paretaio, we have been here so many times now, we have lost count...... somewhere in the teens I think.....and like a good wine this holiday destination just keeps on improving with age. Gianni, Cristina and Jenny are fantastic hosts and teachers, along with Katuscia and Christina on reception, the stable and kitchen staff, to name but a few who make the whole holiday as relaxing as possible.
We love the calm serenity and beauty of Il Paretaio......my husband enjoys relaxing with a book, while I put myself under the ever watchful eye of Gianni twice a day. The horses have changed over the years (sadly through loss) but never the standard, I feel privileged to have ridden many of them and my moments of enlightenment have improved my riding dramatically.
Dinner is one of the highlights at Il Paretaio.... we have met some wonderful people over the years from all around the world and I know that the traditional Tuscan food and gallons of Chianti will be remembered fondly with many who have sat around that huge dining table.
Il Paretaio is a perfect base for seeing the many wonders around Tuscany, you really do need a car to travel further afield (between lessons) such as Pienza or even Assisi, which is a must once you've been to all the local tourist centres. But I have been here solo and the local taxis are very good and easy to book through reception, having said that, sometimes I haven't left at all except to buy shoes at the warehouse in San Filipo..... who would wish to....See you all next year xx

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank davybaby1
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This was a brilliant experience, from the horses to the people everything more than surpassed expectations. Christina, Gianni and Jennie are all focused on improving the relationship with the horse through centred riding. It was refreshing to go to an environment that was so relaxed and yet so focused on improving you as a rider. We look forward to visiting again soon! And the lasagne was to die for!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends