“Riding at its finest”
Review of Il Paretaio

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barberino Val d'Elsa
Il Paretaio
Reviewed 3 June 2012

It is the second time that me and my husband spend our holidays at Il Paretaio. My husband is post beginner I am advanced and this place meet our expectation to 100%. And we look forward to return to this place.

If you want to learn or improve your riding on well trained horses with great instructors
If like to hang up with other riders from all over the world (we met so many interesting people)
If you like the Italian cuisine and of course the Italian wine (I could die for chocolate death!)
If you want to relax or just enjoy this beatiful landscape on a horseback
If you plan in addition a shopping tour in florence or sienna
If you just want to enjoy life in a good company -
than this place should be your 1st choice

watch my movie and see for yourself

or follow me on youtube

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarionK2305

Reviewed 6 May 2012

This place is perfect if you are :
1.) an experienced rider looking to get expert coaching from Gianni and/or Christina
2.) a child : Jenny is an amazingly skilled instructor.

Highlights :
a.) This is NOT a B&B : The communal dinner centered on local recipes is EXCELLENT and takes place around a long table that mixes ages and backgrounds. Guests hail from around the world.
b.) Breakfast is average, but the coffee excellent and the yoghurt is homemade.
c.) I recommend coming in Spring or Autumn : We came 3 years ago in July and it was simply TOO HOT.

Remember, you're not coming here for luxury or peace and quiet... you're here for the real Tuscan experience. Also, Gianni and Christina's hospitality is genuine.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, book "Teatro" on the ground floor or the bungalow outside...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank RogerZurich
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We have always had an amazing time at Paretaio. Gianni and Cristina were so kind , generous and accommodating with us.
The riding was always a challenge even if with some experience.
The place is magical and made us feel warm and cozy.
The food and the woman who cooks there are equally fantastic. Dining next to a fire after a day in nature was always such a treat and an end to a wonderful day.
We will go back soon I hope.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I spent four nights at Il Paretaio this January, mainly to take advantage of the classical dressage training that is available, but also to see something of Tuscany. In every way this place delivers.

First, the riding was very good. The instruction is very correct and focuses on fundamentals. I had lessons from three different teachers (each one extremely experienced and always positive) and benefited from each and every lesson I took. If you work hard and trust their judgment and experience you will come away a better rider. I also took a fantastic "passegiata" around the beautiful countryside and was able to see the place in a way that you simply cannot do in a car.

The accomodation and hospitality were also fantastic. I had a gorgeous room in the warm and friendly guesthouse and ate extremely well at every meal. Although I was the only native English speaker there (mainly Italians seem to visit in January), anyone that could speak any English at all (including the owners, staff and guests!) always made an effort to include me in the conversation. The staff were consistently helpful and obliging. This place has a great atmosphere - pleasantly informal and friendly.

Finally, the location is unbeatable. This part of Tuscany is absurdly beautiful, and Il Paretaio's location is no exception. I took far too many photos of the view down the valley, with its hilltop towns, belltowers and of course cypress trees. I very much hope to return to this special spot someday soon - so if you can, go!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I started to spend my holidays at Il Paretaio many years ago, and each time this place has proven to be magic. Good food, lovely people, wonderful horses and excellent riding lessons twice a day. Not to mention the sorrounding scenery. A place to go back year after year.
Milena

Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2012

ottima accoglienza , simpatia , discrezione e soprattutto serenità . il paretaio si trova in un luogo incantevole e pratico . Ottimo l'insegnamento e la competenza. grazie di cuore . A presto.....

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2011

If I say that I have spent 17 New-years Eves in a row and that over the years I have gone back to Il Paretaio almost every Summers, would that be enough of a review already?
Having spent so many years over there, I can only recommend this place quite highly to all the ones who want to spend a meaningful vacation immersed into lots of reasons why life is beautiful. The passion, the energy, the courtesy, the great eating, riding, scenery, history, and much more that you truly would like to experience in Italy and in the beautiful Tuscany, are to be found at Il Paretaio. No matter is you are a rider at all, or a rider to-be, this vacation will stay with you, as a life experience you will probably never forget.

Room Tip: All rooms have their specific taste: hard to chose.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family