All reviews riding lessons classical dressage non riders long table family style lovely horses other guests riding centre hour ride high level keep coming back big family magical place dinner table new friends learn how great instructor
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Me and my sister had a wonderful time. The riding was great, very sensitive horses that really made us focus on all the details so important to ride well! Wonderful enthusiastic teaching guided us both through the week, albeit being different level riders we both came home with lots of inspiration, my sister began her riding experience in the best way possible while I am now focused on improving my horse in all the lateral movements I worked on so hard! Thankyou to all of the staff.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Rooms: very basic but clean (not a lot of warm water so you have to shower quickly), a lot of noise if your room is next to the dining room.

Food: excellent!!

Horses: excellent horses if you are a beginner: they are very trustworthy but they don't have a high level of training. Don't go here if you already have a good level in dressage., most of the riders we met at Il Paretaio were beginners in dressage.

Instructors: Christina is a very good instructor. Jenny is excellent for beginners.

Nice holiday, very well situated to visit Tuscany, price is a bit high for the basic quality of the rooms and horses.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank Rambo73
Reviewed November 5, 2010

This was one of my favorite vacations. My eight year old daughter and I are beginner riders and my husband has never ridden classically. I was worried that two lessons a day for a week was going to be too much, but I was wrong. We all loved every minute. The instruction was first class and so were the horses. We were close enough to travel into towns to site see a bit but were always ready to get back. This place is magical. I loved eating family style. You really had a chance to get to know the other guests and by the end of the week you felt like family! We also went into town to take a pasta making class at Pasta Fresca. Wilma, the owner, was so delightful and I felt like I was in the kitchen with my Italian mom! We got to take our pasta back to IL Paretaio to cook up for lunch and it was delicious. I have even made it since I have been home! Wilma would be so proud. The trek out to a small winery was quite a treat as well. The tasting room was right out of a movie and the cheese and wine...bravissimo! I hope to return again soon.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Had a fantastic time at Il Paretaio. Came with my non horse riding mother and thought she may be a little bored, but no, she happily watched me ride, relaxed with a book, enjoyed the sunshine and the beautiful scenery. We loved the fantastic food, the towns we visited and the lovely people we met from all over the world. Although I have been riding all my life I had never had a dressage lesson before, but Jenny was patient and the horses were chosen to suit my abilities. I fell in love with Notte and wanted to bring her back with me! Cristina, Giovanni and all the staff made us feel so welcome and at home. I hope to come back again before too long.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We are just back from our second stay at Il Paretaio. We are so in love with the place, the people, the horses and the food and wine!!

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple