We stayed there for a week in Sept. 2014. I picked it just by going on the internet and we were not disappointed. The place is just as beautiful as the website pictures show. We stayed in a one bedroom and ate dinner at the restaurant two nights - food was great. They have a specific meal for each night, but if you request something else in advance they will accommodate your wishes. The owners were present at the facility and were very friendly and made us feel at home. When I booked I was told that they do not deal through travel agents which made me a little uneasy at first, but trust me, there were NO problems whatsoever. They are able to offer you a better price than if they dealt with travel agents. I booked it online months in advance with Roberto. He was very helpful writing emails back and forth. He helped with our actual booking online, but I also asked him what his opinion was regarding which room would best fit our needs. Since this was a rental apartment we were not sure which items (kitchen items, etc.) would already be there for us. There were your typical bathroom items there - shampoo, soap and toilet paper. I did bring a little bottle of dish detergent for the kitchen sink. We cooked in our kitchen a few of the nights - we had stopped at the store and purchased pasta, olive oil, spices, cereal and milk and juice. There is a refrigerator, microwave and stovetop burners. People staying there were friendly and everybody got to know each other by passing each other in the common room or while outside with their cocktails or having their dinner. Some people chose to cook in their rooms every night, others went to local restaurants and others ate in their restaurant - which is only for the residents. It is a lovely location. There is an interesting book there on the property showing the before and after of the renovation of the farmhouse property. It is amazing what they have done. They kept a lot of the original wooden beams. We flew to Rome and rented a car - took a little less than 3 hours to get there - best advice I can give is BUY OR RENT A GPS. Exit at Poggobonsi Nord and head west on 429 - it is about 15 or 20 minute drive from there. Follow the signs to Romitorio di Serelle. GPS is needed especially if you plan on going to explore the countryside. Is actually closer to Florence, but we enjoy Rome. The property is up on a hill and the views are the best. We attended the Wine Tasting on Wednesday evening and we enjoyed a lovely time out on the patio overlooking the vineyard. Very interesting and informative talk given by a local wine shop owner. Our stay there truly exceeded our expectations - can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romitorio di Serelle has been completely restored, preserving the original characteristics and using traditional materials of Chianti rural architecture. The hospitality is offered in apartments of different types, exclusive and comfortable flats, independent from each other, furnished according to the rural tradition, but offering high quality standards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Romitorio di Serelle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Romitorio Di Serelle Hotel Barberino Val d`Elsa
- Romitorio Di Serelle Italy/Barberino Val D'Elsa, Tuscany