“Our Best Restaurant Dinner in Tuscany!”

Ristorante Malborghetto
Price range: US$22 - US$39
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Vero Beach, Florida
“Our Best Restaurant Dinner in Tuscany!”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

The setting, the food and the service made for a romantic, memorable evening!

Visited September 2011

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Ontario
“A lucky discovery -- or how to repair a broken day.”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We first passed this lovely Tuscan restaurant on the way to the villa we'd rented nearby. Then Ristorante Malborghetto turned up as a recommended restaurant on a list at the villa. Finally, our neighbours told us about it, having dined there the previous evening. We were out and about the next day when I took a tumble, skidding on my bare knee on cement. The resulting scrape was pretty bad. My wife asked if I wanted to find a doctor. I told her I wanted lunch and would decide later about the doctor.

It was late and we passed two restaurants that had closed until dinner. We thought of Lecchi and Ristorante Malborghetto. When we got there, it was past their afternoon closing time, but they took us in with no fuss. Perhaps they felt sorry for my wounded knee.

Whatever the reason, we enjoyed a very fine meal, consisting of a shared antipasto plate (all homemade, I believe) and generous servings of fantastic pasta, all washed down with a fine bottle of chianti, and followed by excellent desserts and coffee. The waitress couldn't have been more accommodating or pleasant, bringing me a damp cloth to wipe the worst of the grit from my knee and leg. By the time we were ready to leave, we were the last patrons left in the restaurant. Even then, they didn't make us feel rushed. Besides a terrific meal, this is hospitality plus. By the time I hobbled back to our car, I didn't care that my knee was hurting.

• Visited June 2011
Dublin
“Charming eatery and charming host.”
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We visited Malborghetto one afternoon in late August for lunch. Alas on the afternoon we arrived they were finished serving lunch. It was a shame really as the menu looked fantastic. That evening when researching somewhere to do a Tuscan cooking course, we stumbled upon it again. Serendipitous really, considering we wanted to go back again. Simone, our host was the proprietor and head chef. What a guy! We were the only two there that morning and he could not have done enough for us. We arrived at 9.30am and left at 3pm. For €90 we were given a fun cooking lesson and than seated to eat our banquet with as much wine as we could drink. Food was rustic, delicious and authentic, wine was ambrosial and Simone was fab! What a day. Couldn't recommend it enough and will certainly be going back again. Bravo!

• Visited August 2011
Warren, Ohio
“Amazing Cooking Class!”
Reviewed 15 May 2011

On our way from Florence to Rome, we stopped at Malborghetto's for an amazing cooking class with Simone! Simone was a wonderful teacher and chef. The restaurant is located in Chianti, a beautiful town. Simone's personality was upbeat and fun. Then we enjoyed the meal we prepared with amazing wines suited for each course! I would highly recommend Simone for an authentic Italian cooking class or if you are passing through to enjoy the wonderful meal you will have there!

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank Ginsterbp
New York City, New York
“Delicious Rustic Tuscan Food and Amazing Cooking Class!”
Reviewed 21 April 2011

We took a cooking class with Simone, the owner and chef of the restaurant and it was such a wonderful experience! Simone is knowledgeable, charismatic, and a very talented chef. We learned how to cook traditional Tuscan dishes and he paired each dish with a perfect wine. It was truly an ideal way to spend a day in Tuscany!

*The class is 90 euros per person but it's a great value and actually a bargain as far as Tuscan cooking classes go. Definitely a memorable experience!

• Visited April 2011