“Tuscan Cooking School - a highlight!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Toscana Mia

Toscana Mia
More attraction details
Owner description: TOSCANA MIA is Simonetta & Paola’s idea for cooking, tasting and language programs in Tuscany Chianti wine region and Florence. An authentic organic food Tuscan experience : Cooking, Markets, Gourmet Shops and Wine tasting. We are happy to welcome in a family ancient home. Food lovers, lovers of Tuscany, lovers of Italian food, lovers of Italy ,Travelling solo, with the family, with friends, for an anniversary ,birthday or for pure pleasure of travelling.
Australia
“Tuscan Cooking School - a highlight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2009

Toscana Mia Cooking School was everything I hoped it would be. I spent five glorious days in the company of Paula & Simonetta and their beautiful family. Their warmth and generous hospitality was overwhelming and to top it off I got to cook some amazing food. I was lucky enough to be the only student which meant I had one on one tuition. The mornings were spent cooking a delicious three coarse meal which we then ate together with the whole family in true Italian style and the best part: I didn’t have to do the washing up. The afternoons were spent at my leisure and on a couple of occasions Simonetta took me out to sample something of what the region has to offer. The recipes used were delicious yet simple enough for me to reproduce for my family when I came home. Now whenever I make a foccacia or gnocchi or any of the recipes I am reminded of Paula and Simonetta and the very special time I had at Toscana Mia.

New Jersey
“Podere Le Rose - An Italian Delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2009

The time spent at Toscana Mia couldn't have been more perfect! The moment I stepped out of the car it was just as I had imagined it many times when watching one of my favorite movies "Under the Tuscan Sun" and reading the book by the same name. Paola, Simonetta and her family were so accommodating, warm and friendly. The cooking lessons were filled with delicious recipes, laughter, lots of chatter and lots of wine.....yum! I came back to the United States wanting to try every recipe right away. My daughter and I will never forget this wonderful experience.

Mille grazie, Simonetta, Paola and family!

Hackensack, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
“An Amazing Italian Experience! A+++”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

My mother and I spent 4 days at the Toscana Mia school. what an amazing experience! Simonetta and Paola were wonderful, we were treated like family. Not only did they teach us how to cook so many yummy dishes, but they treated us to exclusive wine tours and took us shopping in nearby Rada. The school is surrounded by the most beautiful vineyards and landscapes.

We had such a great time learning the secrets of Tuscan foods. I love trying all the dishes at home with my friends and family.

I would highly recommend the Toscana Mia cooking school to anyone seeking a true Tuscan experience!

Nashville
“My Favorite Italian Cooking School”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2009

We didn't know what to expect taking cooking lessons from two Italian sisters in their family farmhouse. But, as soon as we were picked up at hotel, we knew it would be a wonderful day. Not only are they fabulous cooks, they are warm and quickly become friends. You feel at home immediately as they pour the wine, cut the fresh herbs and make you feel a part of the family.

I still remember the valuable lessons I learned about Italian food and I am Italian!. It was a highlight of our 16 day trip through Italy. I would return again to learn from them in a heart beat.

My husband and I went to Italy celebrating a wedding anniversary and we hope to return to do it again and take another cooking class from Toscana Mia. I write a food blog and I am happy to feature them as my favorite cooking school.

You will learn about the food, the culture and some history of Toscana that will intrigue you and make you laugh.

Angela Roberts

Woody Creek, CO
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful cooking lessons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2009

I spent one week with Simonetta. We went to the market to see what was available. We cooked pasta, beans, sauces, foccacia, vegetables and salads. I learned home cooking, Italian style, in a very relaxing, interesting and fun space. A family who have always considered fresh best. A family with gobs of Italian history. I can't wait to go back and take another week's course in their countryside house. You can also study the Italian language. The herbs we used in the Florence cooking lessons were from their family farm.