we stayed 4 nights at the castello in one of the house(la loggia) which was outside the castle perimeter and beautifully located, quiet, amazing views, overlooking olive trees and some of their vineyards. the apartment is appointed properly with min and basic stuff, except the air cond broke down the first night hence v hot and heaps of mosquitoes, as all their net around the windows are not repaired and all opened..some even had band aid sticked on it...?very clean and great job from housekeeping daily, tv could be a bigger one and newer one as the old aquarium style of tv v small...in 2011 will expect in this style of Hotel/resort for that price to have a flat screen at least and all channels to work as some were n/a. So few minor improvements as above, reception check in was v good but afterwards other staff not very polite, unrespectful or not helpful as one day(second night) there was a "vip" small wedding and as a guest(paying) we could not go to the castle, or the grounds or inside at all...i got told off by a very rude event manager lady instead of having some alternative arrangements or small drinks corner for their house guests at the bottle shop or elsewhere....everywhere we went we were told CANNOT GO IT IS CLOSED FOR PRIVATE FUNCTION, and i am a paying guest with kids whom wanted to see the castle, the grounds, etc...so it put me off and the way it was handled was v poor...i made sure she got my italian/french words as well in her face as she was totally out of line...it happened again on the 4th night as another wedding was on, bigger louder...so will suggest to check if they are wedding as it is not fair for paying room customer to be handled that way or have an alternative way or option that we will have accepted ,no problems...room for improvement again.!!..as must happen v often and all staff were focused on the wedding and not us or other guests...we felt abandonned and like "should not be here" after paying 400 euros per night ?!
Another small improvement is the breakfast room too small and extremely basic (food selection, good coffee though lavazza old machine)compared to other resorts/castle/hotels...and v hot no air, no ventilation...otherwise the scenery, grounds, area is just superb so next time may stay elsewhere to avoid "staff confrontations"...plenty of nice restaurants around , and Gaiole is v cute village, lovely people and the castle key thing is the v good location for 4 to 5 nights in tuscany, pool is nice too and v peaceful.
so i am sorry but the Mger or owner should look at the wedding incidents as very annoying and put a bad taste in our mouth and never apologised or checked on us...or any recovery...shame a i am in Hotel Business too and deal with this at time with m team in better manner as part of training...anyway lovely place and so quiet and relaxing but not sure if we will be back as seen other places possibly better for my opinion...so many villas or other castle around Chianti, Tuscany so check it out...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castello di Meleto is in the center of an ideal geographical triangle formed by the cities of Siena, Florence and Arezzo. Surrounded by six beautiful houses, painstakingly restored in 2000, preserving its rustic Tuscan style. Each house has a private garden or terrace that overlooks the countryside surrounded by green vineyards and olive groves.Easily accessible and close to the accommodation we have two infinity pools from which you can enjoy an unforgettable view. In the basement of the castle, a real historical monument, a charming wine shop allows you to taste our wines, our organic extra virgin olive oil and salami of Cinta Senese from our farm. On request we can organize banquets in medieval and Renaissance style in the picturesque setting of the frescoed rooms. In addition, daily guided tours of the ground floor of the castle, the eighteenth-century theater, the dungeons with ancient cellars, prisons and the secret tunnel to escape from the Castle .. will make you to live an unique and unforgettable experience in a real castle in the Chianti area.Daily walks are possible on roads and paths in the area.From the same roads, the "Eroica”, an fascinating extreme racing with vintage bikes, takes place every year.The staff of the Reception of the Castle will be pleased to arrange excursions departing from the Castello di Meleto to major art centers such as Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Arezzo and Val D'Orcia. On the territory of the Castle of Meleto guests can enjoy cycling, horse riding and walking, immersed in pristine nature of the Chianti hills. Our restaurant, “ La Fornace di Meleto” , at the bottom of the hill, offers typical Tuscan menu and innovative dishes.The Castle's history is also a history of Weddings, such as those of Alberto Ridolfi's daughter Lucrezia and, in 1852, Baron Bettino's daughter Elisabetta: it could also become the history of Your wedding, against a background imbued with extraordinary beauty.Meleto Castle can offer Religious ceremonies in its catholic church, the Pieve di Spaltenna.The Celebrations can be organized as you wish: the entire Piano Nobile (a series of furnished and frescoed rooms) can be put at Guests' disposal together with the garden, a splendid terrace overlooking the unspoilt panorama of the Chianti hills for enjoying a touch of sun, and the Stables ( Scuderia in Italian) , where guests can relax or let themself go in dancing.We specialise in providing the perfect atmosphere for a truly unique party, whether a Tuscan Castle wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Castello di Meleto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Meleto Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castello Di Meleto Italy/Gaiole In Chianti