although we only visited Castello di Meleto on a wine tasting and castle tour, getting to meet Anthony, Becca and the rest of the staff made us decide to book our return to Tuscany here in September.
Me, my wife and two of our friends totally enjoyed the Castello Di Meleto experience. who would not when you have a very warm friendly and accommodating guide like Anthony? his humorous and engaging nature made the tour of the castle that much more interesting and enjoyable he took the time to explain the winemaking process and answered our questions during the castle tour to set us up for the amazing wine tasting that was to follow. here we were joined by Becca the other half of this dynamic duo who asked Anthony the questions about the wine we were drinking we did not think to ask. the wine that was served for tasting was extra ordinary. we've had other wine tastings during our stay in Tuscany but nothing beats the Melleto experience. we never felt rushed, or pressured as everything was just great and groovy, like a Bob Marley Record. we left Meleto more informed about wine, the process, and with a deeper appreciation for how awesome it tasted. we drove away from Meleto with about 5 cases of wine knowing fully well we'd go back there soon. so thanks, Anthony, Becca and the rest of the Castello Di Meleto staff! see you september!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castello di Meleto is in the center of an ideal geographical triangle formed by the cities of Siena, Florence and Arezzo. Surrounded by six beautiful houses, painstakingly restored in 2000, preserving its rustic Tuscan style. Each house has a private garden or terrace that overlooks the countryside surrounded by green vineyards and olive groves.Easily accessible and close to the accommodation we have two infinity pools from which you can enjoy an unforgettable view. In the basement of the castle, a real historical monument, a charming wine shop allows you to taste our wines, our organic extra virgin olive oil and salami of Cinta Senese from our farm. On request we can organize banquets in medieval and Renaissance style in the picturesque setting of the frescoed rooms. In addition, daily guided tours of the ground floor of the castle, the eighteenth-century theater, the dungeons with ancient cellars, prisons and the secret tunnel to escape from the Castle .. will make you to live an unique and unforgettable experience in a real castle in the Chianti area.Daily walks are possible on roads and paths in the area.From the same roads, the "Eroica”, an fascinating extreme racing with vintage bikes, takes place every year.The staff of the Reception of the Castle will be pleased to arrange excursions departing from the Castello di Meleto to major art centers such as Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Arezzo and Val D'Orcia. On the territory of the Castle of Meleto guests can enjoy cycling, horse riding and walking, immersed in pristine nature of the Chianti hills. Our restaurant, “ La Fornace di Meleto” , at the bottom of the hill, offers typical Tuscan menu and innovative dishes.The Castle's history is also a history of Weddings, such as those of Alberto Ridolfi's daughter Lucrezia and, in 1852, Baron Bettino's daughter Elisabetta: it could also become the history of Your wedding, against a background imbued with extraordinary beauty.Meleto Castle can offer Religious ceremonies in its catholic church, the Pieve di Spaltenna.The Celebrations can be organized as you wish: the entire Piano Nobile (a series of furnished and frescoed rooms) can be put at Guests' disposal together with the garden, a splendid terrace overlooking the unspoilt panorama of the Chianti hills for enjoying a touch of sun, and the Stables ( Scuderia in Italian) , where guests can relax or let themself go in dancing.We specialise in providing the perfect atmosphere for a truly unique party, whether a Tuscan Castle wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Castello di Meleto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Meleto Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castello Di Meleto Italy/Gaiole In Chianti