All reviews sushi santa barbara ponta delgada private beach the atlantic ocean great design hot tub service was great floor to ceiling windows surfing lessons final note sao miguel front door located right beautiful place stunning views on arrival
Reviewed September 10, 2017

We spent five days as a family of surfers at this beautiful place and love every minute of it. Location was great; not only overlooking the only surfing beach on the Island, but also ideal to discover the rest of this beautiful island. We rented the largest villa and enjoyed the set up and decoration. Yes, the safe was a little capricious, but not enough to ruin our great days... Food was very simple at the café overlooking the beach, and very good value for money. Don't expect 5 stars when you are paying for the price of 1 ! We enjoyed the main restaurant on a couple of occasions and were pleased with quality saved, as well as the choice of good local wines.
Overall, we really had a wonderful vacation and are planning to go back.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

We dined at the beach cafe for lunch and had horrible meals. We didn't even know what we were eating. The food took forever to come. The bruschetta plate finally came and there were three different types but we had no idea what was on them. They added chicken to my salad without asking and my husbands chicken sandwich was pretty much inedible. The French fries were also cold (not Luke warm, cold). It's cool because it's overlooking the beach with surfers but I would only recommend to go for a drink, not a meal.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank jackielosangeles2015
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the resort for 6 nights in their most expensive villa.

Everyday i spent i got more disappointed,
And i was really sad at the end of my holiday because i really liked the island and i didnt want to associate it with this bad experience.

I didn't have a good welcome when i arrived not even offered to sit down despite i arrived from a 7 hours flight.

The breakfast was really disappointing, quality and variation of food was below expectation.

The hotel staff are amateurs and lake professionalism, they have poor communication skills and they are not as helpful as expected from them.

I once ordered pizza from a takeout place and the order was late for over 2 hours when i contacted the reception they told me that my pizza arrived an hour ago! They didnt even bother to bring it to my room which is maybe 30 meters away from the reception.

They provided a tablet as a way of communication with the reception instead of a proper phone. The tablet is damaged, and has no charger and they expect me to charge it!

The provided the rooms with a poor quality safty box, they told me that it doesnt work proprly and every time i lock it i need to call them to open it, instead of puting a better one they just choose to unlock it manually.
P.S: they dont open it after 12am or before 9am !!!

I asked for a universal plug and they neglected my request.

And lots of other mistakes that a resort like this is not expected to have. I wish that they solve this problem because having a great location or facility is not everything.

Having a helpful, professional and a friendly staff is the core of success in hotel business in my opinion.

Date of stay: August 2017
4  Thank ali a
Reviewed August 5, 2017

We had dinner as a party of eight at the restaurant, which specializes mainly in sushi. We had to wait more than an hour to get bread and butter (!!!) in a less than full restaurant. The waiters managed to "forget" about drinks ordered three times and did not serve wine (and later water) to one of us. Then our glasses were no longer refilled, so we took it into our own hands; of course then the waiters arrived to tell us they would do it. The sushi was ready almost two hours after we had arrived, but even then only parts of the order, the rest followed later. The fish was not properly skinned and we had to first ask for soy sauce (in a sushi place after two hours of waiting!), then again for wasabi, and we did not get any ginger. The food was decent but in no way compensated for this terrible service. Meanwhile, at the table next to us, the owner sat with some company, and got the sushi soon after arriving (which was after us). The waiters were hovering around his table, while ignoring ours. So we told the owner that we had to wait very long for our food, to which he merely replied that in the end we got it, so we should not complain. It was so ridiculous, that we kept laughing about this place. All in all, a remarkable display of incompetence, paired with pretentiousness.

Date of stay: August 2017
2  Thank Till G
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Their sushi is the best on the island. Pricey but tasty and creative. The service is excellent. We were served by Micaela Amaral and she was very knowledgeable and friendly. The restaurant has a gorgeous view of the ocean and it's a great place for sunset and drinks. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: July 2017