Talbot Hotel(Stourbridge)
  • Pool
US$46
Travelodge
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$56/night.

Rawsons' Retreat(Stourbridge)
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewslovely lunchdrinks order was takenfrench friesmoulesstaff were pleasantlovely atmosphereporkportionsmainsvenue
Reviewed January 25, 2017

Had a lovely meal and the service excelled , we were served quickly efficiently with a smile . My party found the starters larger than expected and next time we said perhaps we would just have a main course . I would recommend the mussels . To be honest I think the place is a bit over priced ,my partners main course steak did no look good value for money . Main thing is we had a nice evening

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2017

Went in on a Saturday afternoon for a meal,was greeted on entry and shown to a table and asked what drinks we would like by a very polite waitress,fair play....
Ordered Steak Frites and Lambs liver and bacon.
The meal came out in good time but things were about to go down hill rapid.
The Steak frites (steak and fries)was rubbish,could't hardly cut it with a razor sharp knife,in fact it was like rubber,came with skinny fries and bits of salad....yak
Liver and bacon was ok but for almost £10.00 it should be.
Anyway for 2 cokes and two below average meals for £25.00 we will not be going back and will not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed January 11, 2017 via mobile

I ate in the restaurant last night. My friend and I both ordered deep fried brie to start, it arrived quickly but they were over cooked.
For main, my friend had scallops with bacon. The scallops were buried in bacon, that was watery and basically large slices of bacon cut up. Lardons would be better. The scallops had not been cleaned properly and were gritty.
I had mussels with soggy fries. The mussels were disgustingly rubbery and most of the shells were smashed so that I had to pick through small pieces of shell.
The waiting staff were friendly, but then appeared to go on a break for 30 minutes when they did not set foot in the restaurant at all to ask how the food was or to clear plates. We were left searching for a member of staff to ask for the bill, then the card machine was broken.
This was a final attempt at eating at The French Hen after a terrible meal about 12 months ago. It did not redeem itself and there are much better alternatives in the area.
Also the disabled/pushchair access at the rear is a very steep ramp!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kimberley B
Reviewed October 24, 2016

Beautiful building and deco.
Been here many times over the years but this was the first time had eaten Sunday lunch here.
It's good value at 15.95 for 3 courses.
The pate was ok but a bit sloppy, there wasn't enough meat with the roast although the roast potatoes were really scrumptious.
We had eaten at the Fountain the day before so had been a bit spoiled.
Dessert was nice, chocolate fudge cake.
I think that the waitress service needs to be a bit more professional.
Overall it was decent enough but not sure I would be returning in a hurry.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

Been a few times now for lunch after a long walk up the Clent hills!,our dog was welcome too in the bar area!,friendly staff & great food! Would 100% recommend this place!,give it a try!
We will be visiting again soon

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple