All reviewslovely lunchdrinks order was takenmoulesliver baconlovely atmosphereporkportionsmains
Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

We ate in the restaurant and stayed overnight.. When we arrived we were greeted straight away by a nice young lady who explained everything and showed us to our room. Our room was clean but basic. We booked to eat at 8pm, we sat down at 8pm, restaurant was busy but a nice atmosphere. The food was lovely and plenty of it. The staff were all really nice and polite, nothing was to much trouble. The only thing was towards the end of our meal we seemed to wait awhile for someone to take the dessert order and it was abit unorganised but only towards the end.. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I ate here last week, neither of us had been here for many years but believed it to be 'good' for food. Unfortunately it wasn't good enough for us.

The starters were ok. Mine was tasty, mushrooms and cheese and there was certainly plenty of it. However, it was in a ceramic dish and had clearly been in an oven for a while as it was like an inferno! My friend had prawns which she said were ok, but nothing special.

As soon as our starters were taken the waitress returned with our mains. Literally 2 minutes after we'd put forks down! My bourguignon was massive and there was no way I was going to manage it having just finished the starter so already felt wasteful. It tasted ok, beef was tender, but not overly flavourful. The accompaniments again had been sat in an oven for a long time - dophinoise in particular and veg a little too soft for my liking.

The staff were very friendly and I did comment about the speed that the main course arrived because it was just too fast and meant that I wasn't able to enjoy my main meal at all, and I hate the thought of all the waste. There was certainly no need to rush us out there was only one other table in the restaurant.

Shame really as it seems like a lovely place but I won't be going back there to eat.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

Been wanting to eat here for a long time .We visit here a lot in the summer time both as a couple and also with our scooter club on ride outs .
We know its not cheap here but it was my birthday so my husband booked us a table as a treat .
We live around an hour away when we arrived we had made a HUGE error .We hadn't picked up my husbands wallet with his money in .
We phoned the restaurant to explain the situation and cancel the table from the car park .
The girl we spoke to was so lovely we explained the situation and she said not to worry still come in , I said could we provide the card details and get my daughter to send a photo of the card front and back .She said that was fine .
From walking from the car park to the restaurant it all changed .The poor girl was mortified her boss said no way was he allowing that .Now I get the security issue I really do .
The poor girl was so sorry she had said yes and then now it was a no .
The customer service was pretty awful they offered no suggestion to our error an hour drive back home and there again wasn't an option so we just left .
We went else where nearer home and had a lovely meal .
It's a shame I've still not eaten there and probably never will come back not even for a drink after that experience.
The young waitress is an asset to this place your customer service was 10/10 .The rest gets 1/10 !!! .

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Inspiration609002
Reviewed January 25, 2017

Had a lovely meal and the service excelled , we were served quickly efficiently with a smile . My party found the starters larger than expected and next time we said perhaps we would just have a main course . I would recommend the mussels . To be honest I think the place is a bit over priced ,my partners main course steak did no look good value for money . Main thing is we had a nice evening

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2017

Went in on a Saturday afternoon for a meal,was greeted on entry and shown to a table and asked what drinks we would like by a very polite waitress,fair play....
Ordered Steak Frites and Lambs liver and bacon.
The meal came out in good time but things were about to go down hill rapid.
The Steak frites (steak and fries)was rubbish,could't hardly cut it with a razor sharp knife,in fact it was like rubber,came with skinny fries and bits of salad....yak
Liver and bacon was ok but for almost £10.00 it should be.
Anyway for 2 cokes and two below average meals for £25.00 we will not be going back and will not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends