All reviewslovely lunchdrinks order was takenmoulesliver baconlovely atmosphereporkportionsmains
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

Met with friends for a Christmas meet up . They live in Stourbridge and we came from Coventry . The 3 course set lunch was excellent value . Ample portion and nicely served . I wish they would do proper fries not frozen ones as places tend to do it would make all the difference . Would visit again

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2017

Me and my partner popped in Sunday around 4, wasn’t to busy, but had pre booked just in case, no need really....
Lovely building, nice a quirky, poor ale selection, so was reduced to lager...
I asked about I the livers and onions came pink? 3 members of staff later, I was disappointed to find that no, so it would be nice and dry... so I opted for the lamb roast, I was adequate, amazing how they could slice the lamb so thin....was missing something cauliflower cheese or something interesting on the plate....
My partner opted for the moules, I was really, but if that’s what you want, that’s what you my have my sweet...
Bad choice smallest mussels I’ve ever seen, tiny portion, awful mass produced half of a baguette, that was stone cold, then the total lack of garlic or shallots in the sauce, only the butter from the French stick, and the seasoning added by my partner, then I doubt there would of been any flavour, tiny portion of not very well cooked fries, both served in chipped metal serving dishes
So basically we were not asked about our meal, so did not bother to make a fish, as all the staff were no older then 18, and just seemed to hide in the kitchen.....
I shall not be returning, for more than a pint in the sunshine

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2017

my friend started with vegetable soup which was very tasty. .We both had the sirloin steak cooked as we wanted. this was accompanied by chips and an interesting fresh salad.
We both had apple crumble to follow. my friend with custard and me with cream. Altogether a very pleasant lunch

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

I had a long overdue catch up with girlfriends, great table and not rushed which was great as we were making a night of it. I had mussels which sadly were over cooked so had shrivelled up and we’re tasteless, however the sauce was delicious! Scollops also over cooked, staff were lovely and we had a good evening but wouldn’t rush back as I thought it was slightly disappointing.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Booked a table with ease. Was promptly shown to our table. Drinks order was taken and then came back for food order. Both ordered steaks (sirloin & rib-eye). Both meals came together with dressed salad and sauces we ordered. Totally fabulous meal and cooked as we asked. No badgering from staff as we had our meal. Extra drinks ordered whilst we ate. Food was impeccable and service was A1. Will be coming back and will recommend here to anybody. Not expensive but a bit above pub food prices but well worth the extra litttle.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple