“Great coffee and cake”
Review of Kerfoots - CLOSED

Kerfoots
Cuisines: British
Reviewed June 17, 2015

Dime Bar cake was delicious.
We sat on comfy sofa and enjoyed our break from shopping.
The cafe is upstairs but is served by a customer lift if needed.

1  Thank BronaberBridget

Reviewed June 17, 2015

We have been in this cafe lots of time ,the food is very good ,we had sandwiches for lunch and cake for afters ,,it is a very nice place to eat good service as well ,some nice young lady's in there

2  Thank Vera F
Reviewed June 17, 2015 via mobile

Me and my mother popped in for a drink and a slice of cake, I had an orange juice and a VERY dirty glass! My mothers latte was only lukewarm, my mother had a slice of carrot cake which we obviously quite old as it was very hard and cardboard like! I asked for a warm chocolate fudge cake, only half the cake was lukewarm the other half was cold! Obviously the microwave wasn't working properly ! I've visited kerfoots many times but after this lady visit I will never return and advise everyone to never go back!

Reviewed June 15, 2015

I have been on occasional visitor to Kerfoots cafe for lunch or tea for over 20 years when visiting my family in Gwynedd. The quality of the food has always been excellent. My most recent visit in early June was a massive disappointment. I don't know what has happened. The soup was, to be frank, disgusting - grey coloured 'broccoli and cheese soup' with huge chunks of unblended potato and broccoli stalk in it, and burnt scraps from the bottom of the pan floating around in it. It was completely tasteless. The 'salmon and cream cheese sandwich' (at £5+) was the thinnest sliced bread I have ever been served for a sandwich, with a tiny scraping of cream cheese and a meagre slice of smoked salmon. Kerfoots, you need to address this. The quality of your sandwiches and soups has always been excellent, and the price, maybe slightly higher than some other similar places, reflected this. But there seems to have been a serious decline in your standards. Why, I have no idea. New management? New cook(s)? Your regular customers (of which there must be many) will make their voices, and disappointment, heard I hope.

1  Thank colajgriego
Reviewed June 5, 2015

A real mini Department store the sort that has been lost from most towns - long may it last. Good tea and scones too.

1  Thank hef44