“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2017

We were visiting a friend in Rhyl and she had booked this Bistro. Our friend has an assistance dog and they could not have been more helpful with her. They immediately offered water, but she had her own. The staff were very helpful, Food fabulous and all I can say is " its a shame we don`t live there " Would recommend this place to anyone and the bonus is its not expensive. Well Done and carry on the good work. When we visit Rhyl we will definitely be going back.

1  Thank Peggy S
There are newer reviews for Bistro Restaurant

Reviewed 10 July 2017

After seeing so many positive reviews, we were disappointed with our visit.

Firstly, the location is not great. There isn't much parking either, with the off-road parking opposite being for short (<45m) stays.

First impressions inside were good. There's a nice sit-down bar area, it looks nice, and the staff were pleasant and sat us immediately (after booking). Once we'd received our drinks, our service deteriorated. We were practically ignored for 15 minutes before we could order our food.

Unfortunately, the main dish was anything but average. I ordered beef wellington and it was completely overcooked and clear obvious too. My partner ordered the same and, strangely, it looked slightly rare from where it had been split in the middle but was also clearly overcooked inside. I honestly wish I'd had a picture, as it was funny they had found it acceptable to even serve it.

Service after the meal, before we ordered desert, and after we'd finished dessert was also slow. The staff were friendly, but the slow service didn't seem right - especially considering the restaurant was no more than half full the entire time we were there.

Massively disappointed and won't be returning or recommending to anyone. Maybe our dish was a freak accident, but I won't be risking a return.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Last minute booking and didn't think we would get in. I have eaten here a few times and has always been good. Last night I had the steak which clearly states they won't cook past medium which I loved the fact they state they won't ruin that beautiful peace of meat.

Steak was superb being honest the second best steak I've had. Sauce separate so you decide. I didn't need a steak knife butter knife would of cut through it. When you live in Rhyl you never expect great food but this was first class.

Who ever is cooking there I'm sure will one day run a great restaurant off there own back. Pay him more!!!

Darren

chrislloyd57, Owner at Bistro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you for your review Darren.that will be the 'Bistro' rump steak you had and is gaining popularity as it is not your regular rump steak but is a specialist cut.Chris Lloyd-chef/owner

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Went to the bistro for the first time it was the first place we tried I want to eat real Welsh meat which seems rare in Wales my expectations was not very high but proved wrong the staff welcoming and warm place was clean now the food the missis and me shared a bowl mushroom and cheese because I didn't think I would like it wish I had got my own bowl now partner had a roast beef dinner I had lamb but I didn't want the red current sauce I wanted to taste the meat perfectly cooked perfect taste loved the meal cooked the way we like it deffo going back the only thing I didn't like was the roast potatoes bit dry didn't taste like they out of oven .Good value and more for your money we will see them soon thanks for a good afternoon

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Don't pass this place by!!!!!!!
Choice of food options fantastic, nothing is too much, staff lovely and friendly. Nothing is too much trouble.
Desserts to die for, especially 'pina colada' ice cream.

1  Thank Dawn T