“Business trip”

Barratts of Tyn Rhyl
Ranked #2 of 26 Rhyl B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Comfortable lounge with welcoming roaring fire. Very cosy bedroom with attractive ensuite with roll top bath. Charming hosts very friendly and helpful.
First rate Fine dining resturant Good selection of wines. Pleasant garden. Quirky hotel with original features around every corner. Highly recommended. Jackie

Room Tip: Attractive comfortable room with beautiful roll top bath
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 April 2017

This must be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in and David and Elvera who run it are superb hosts, nothing is too much trouble and they are just so fabulously good at it.

Breakfast alone is worth the journey, fresh fruit, locally sourced meat, wonderful omelettes all served in a beautiful conservatory, which over Christmas has some brilliant decorations. The house is old and characterful with wood paneling, open fireplaces and a great range of books that invite you to sink into one of the sofas and just let the world drift by.

There are only three bedrooms all of which are fully provided with everything that you could want but the touch that I enjoyed most was the decanter of sherry in each room - a very convivial touch.

My colleagues and I stayed there on and off over four months and every visit was a joy, it was like coming home. Work commitments meant that we only got to eat there one night but that meal was delectable, David is a marvellous chef and the lamb that I had was perfect, locally sourced and succulent. My colleagues had fish and that was similarly popular.

This hotel is worth travelling to and the if you do make sure that you eat there, you wont be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank Theatricalsolutions
fiveofninewales, Owner at Barratts of Tyn Rhyl, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Thank you for your smashing review. It made us feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I wish there was a guest review site. I would write that the National Theatre of Wales company were a bright and cheerful lot and a pleasure to have had them stay with us. Thanks also David for your thoughtfulness and considerations. Your absence at the breakfast table has left a gap and we feel a twinge of sadness as we pass the kitchen shelf where your bottle of Tobasco sauce is sat waiting to be served.....

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Came over from Greater Manchester for a Family meal. We found the meal to be delicious and the service was outstanding. We will definitely be back and Highly Recommend!! Looking forward to staying over in the future aswell!
Thank You So Much to all involved at Ty'n Rhyl...

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

As we entered we were simply blown away with the Christmas decor at this wonderful old house. It's a hidden gem. It feels like a country house in deepest Cheshire - not rhyl. What a beautiful, romantic and characterful location. It's quirky, the floors are uneven, and you won't get clinical whites anywhere. But that's not the thing here. It's history and atmosphere.
We booked private dining for our work Christmas party. We were a party of 22. The food was fabulous. Service was great. We had booked the entire place which was perfect for our fun and games. Totally recommended.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank ndw88
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for one night, on arrival I was very impressed as I walked up the driveway and I was not disappointed once inside.
I was made to feel very welcome, once I had been shown to my room, I was given a delicious slice if cake and cup of tea.
The bedroom was lovely and in keeping with the style if the property. A large tv, 2 comfy armchairs, wardrobe space, and tea and coffee making facilities. The bed was very very comfortable.
Breakfast was really really good, The best I have had for a very long time and the service was also top rate.
The xmas decs were being out up and the conservatory was truly stunning

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Sandy23457
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

This is a warm and welcoming B&B with a cosy atmosphere. Perfectly laid out rooms with lovely little touches and beautiful bathrooms. Excellent breakfast.

Better than many boutique hotels I've stayed in.

I will definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Sharon C
Reviewed 22 November 2016

This is the 2nd stay for my husband and myself, and there'll be many more. An Absolute gem of a hotel. The hotel itself and each of the rooms have So much character. A wonderful nights sleep in the amazing bed, felt like a Queen, not quite 4 poster but very regal. The breakfast was stunning, plenty to eat ready for a long journey home. Would certainly recommend anyone to stay here. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple