All reviewsdecanter of sherryyogurtnorth walesmeringuehistoric houseroll top bathlike coming homereal fireblueberriescomfy sofassunday lunchlisted buildingon arrivaloriginal featureswonderful hostsbusiness tripbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

I visited for one night with my other half and my 15 month old daughter..and they could not have been more accomodating. Lovely people, great food, lovely location and a great room. I can't recommend highly enough. Thank you so much for making us feel so welcome..

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2017

Once again I had a very, very nice stay with Elvira and David - and even in the same room as last year!! The only noise one hears when opening the windows are the seagulls and some other birds, but no cars.
I will definitely come back when I'm in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Took my family here for my mother's 80th birthday on a Saturday and was so impressed I took them back for a roast on Sunday! Great service, food lovely and well presented in a beautiful building! Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this lovely place to anyone, full marks Elvira!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2017

This is a little oasis in Rhyl. The building is an old, historic house ( I believe the oldest house in Rhyl) which has been sympathetically restored and decorated. Our room had a canopied bed, opulent soft furnishings, and a bathroom with an old iron enamelled bath. The bed was soft yet firm at the same time, I meant to check out what sort mattress it was for when we have to renew ours. The extras in the room gave it a really quaint luxurious touch. A little bedside dish of sweets, (including parma violets), a decanter of sherry, and hula-hoops and kit-kats on the tea/coffee tray.

Our hosts David and Elvira are very friendly and chatty, hospitable and obliging. When we visited they were even nursing a sick seagull back to health (feeding it on sea bass so there was none left for my dinner!). The food was excellent, David the chef has worked in Michelin starred restaurants, and it shows. His food has a fullness of flavour not universally found. His sauces were generous and flavoursome. The cherry and almond tart was lovely and no soggy bottom in sight! The sticky toffee pudding was rich with mouth filling flavour. The menu was written out by hand on our arrival, it all depends what came in fresh that day.

I have only one criticism, and Elvira, this is meant constructively, the bathroom linen lets the side down. Plush towels would complete the total experience of luxury.

Room Tip: It's set back off the road, so all rooms likely to be quiet
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
fiveofninewales, Owner at Barratts of Tyn Rhyl, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay.
The matress you slept on was memory foam which I buy from memory foam warehouse. They have a good selection and are helpful when deciding what to choose.
Sedge the seagull has flow thank goodness. He was a demanding guest and required a fresh bath (in the wheelbarrow) every day. His daily menu choice was very basic but expensive. His sudden departure one sunny afternoon without a backwards glance was most welcome to us both. I hope he has a long and happy life and adapts to finding his own Seabass from now on.
As for the bathroom linen your quite right and already I have new supplies gracing the stands in all rooms.
Thank you so much for your lovely review.

Reviewed June 10, 2017

This is a lovely place to stay with such lovely and generous hosts. The room was fabulous, clean pretty and really comfy. The food was delicious and thoughtfully prepared. The house looks like a chocolate box house tucked away, hidden from the street. Staying there was a real treat. Thanks Elvira and David.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends