“Awesome”

Reez's Smoked Meat Diner
Ranked #10 of 40 Restaurants in Summerland
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Description: We are a Montreal Smoked Meat Diner. We specialize in offering authentic Montreal Smoked Meat to the Okanagan. Our meat is very tender and directly imported from Montreal. We also offer a few varieties such as our in-house recipes : Reez's Reuben, Reez's smoked meat grilled cheese and Reez's smoked meat poutine.
Reviewed 12 November 2016

WE recently found this lovely restaurant... Fell in love with the sandwich which melts in your mouth!!!!..The staff is friendly always remembers who you are, makes you feel at home. They recently had a 3 week holiday and I swear we had withdrawals lol..Try this place you will enjoy Im sure.

1  Thank Terri-Lynne K

Reviewed 31 October 2016

A cute little restaurant offering simple fare mostly involving smoked meat, fries, poutine. I found the prices high for the quality which was okay but not as good as other smoked meats and poutine I've had recently in some other BC towns. My husband and I shared one sandwich and one large poutine for lunch and it cost just over $20. You order and pay at the front then your meal is brought to your table. There are a few inside tables and a little outside patio area. The bathroom sink was filthy with grime which I found quite disturbing especially given the young woman efficiently cleaning tables out front.

1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 12 September 2016

My husband has been to Montreal and he says this smoked meat is just as good as what he had there. The fries were excellent and though the gravy was a little bland, we had no problem finishing all of our smoked meat poutine. The restaurant had a cute patio and we enjoyed our meal outside. It was a very enjoyable lunch stop with plenty of free parking directly across the street.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Went here on this site's recommendations. I'd say it's merely o.k. and not as great as been painted. Ordered two items (both, we thought, were expensive but maybe we are out of touch with prices).

Smoked beef sandwich is good. The claim is that the meat comes from Lester's in Montreal. Quite a generous portion but the bread is evidently some soft, out-of-the-bag rye bread. Not bad but I've had better (Anny's in New West).

Poutine was o.k. but lots of inauthenticities. First off, cheese was mozzarella and not curd. O.K. but not the same. Second, gravy was a white (chicken?) gravy and not a brown beef one. Bit insipid. The fries were good however.

Might be the best in town, but the only in town.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Having grown up in Montreal and eaten innumerable smoked meat there at numerous restaurants, including Schwartz's and Dunn's, I can tell you that Reez's smoked meat sandwiches are the real deal--perfection! The couple that own Reez know good service as well, and are simply lovely people to talk with. Try the outdoor seating under the trees, too; it's an ideal summertime setting for a casual meal.