“Beads instead of charms!”
Review of Bead Trails

Bead Trails
Ranked #3 of 3 Tours in Summerland
More attraction details
Owner description: With 20 communities to explore and hundreds of map-points to discover, there is something for everyone on the Bead Trails! Whether you self-drive, walk, cycle or book a wine-tour it's the perfect way to immerse yourself in the life and culture of the Okanagan. If you are looking for family fun; an activity while he's playing golf; or even bridal-shower shenanigans - the Bead Trails is for you! Bead Trails is a fun activity that encompasses the Okanagan Valley from Armstrong to Osoyoos. (Let's throw in Merrit for good measure!) Follow the Bead Trails quail to experience local wineries, businesses and tourist attractions. Create a bead-bracelet to remember your adventures. Each location has a unique bead and a story to tell. Bead Trails maps are available at most Okanagan Visitor Centers and at participating businesses. Or visit our website to see the maps and beads. And remember to take a selfie with our Sid, our quail mascot if you see him on your travels. #beadtrailsid.
Reviewed October 12, 2017

When I first saw the Bead Trail beads and bracelets I knew I'd finally found an idea that was fun and unique to replace the silver "charm" bracelets I'd had when I was a teen. They are such a draw to visit so many businesses I would never have gone into otherwise. And the beads are so inexpensive!! I've been up and down the Bead Trail three times this summer and it was so much fun talking to so many people, shop owners, other customers and getting friends interested in collecting too.

All reviews
"shop"
"fun"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed August 1, 2017

Last summer my niece told me about Bead Trails and when I visited this summer, I decided to check it out. Well, an addict was created! We had a ton of fun visiting places in the Okanagan Valley and collecting beads (and great memories). I decided to visit the store in Summerland as I needed to get that quail bead! I had a lovely visit with the ladies running the shop and learned all about the origins of this great fun idea. They even took my picture with Sid and posted it on Facebook. I managed to get 24 beads on this vacation and look forward to next summer and getting more beads as I visit more attractions in the beautiful Okanagan Valley. A word to the wise...I overloaded my leather bracelet and it broke. Consider getting the metal bracelet, or be reasonable and get one of each type! Lots of good times and great stories as each bead evokes a memory of people and places. Fabulous idea!

Reviewed March 4, 2017

If you are in the area and collect the "Bead Trail" Beads this is a must visit. They have a wide variety of beads to select from, some discontinued and on sale from suppliers ( Vineyards & stores ). As well the popular Quail bead that is a must have for the area.
Take a few minutes to drop in the store for some beads for you or as a gift for someone. A WIDE variety to select from

Karen G, Public Relations Manager at Bead Trails, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2017

Thank you for your review Brain V. We are looking forward to meeting all our new visitors this summer!

Reviewed November 18, 2016

Give me a break. $25 for the base metal crap bracelet and then $8 plus for the base metal crap charms. This is a money making gimmick with China and the Bead Trails being the money makers in it. Save your money and spend it on something that truly represents the glorious art that is available in the South Okanagan. Go buy an ice cream cone at MacDonalds. You'll get more bang for your buck!

Karen G, Marketing at Bead Trails, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2016

We totally agree that there is an abundance of glorious art and wonderful businesses in the region, which is why we are proud to have created a unique way for visitors to explore B.C and visit places that they might not normally go to.

If you have had a problem with a bracelet or bead charm that you may have purchased, please do contact us and we will replace them. Email info@beadtrails.com

Denise W