This was our Fifth Year fishing at the Fraser River Lodge and another fabulous stay to remember. As always the attention to detail was excellent throughout our 6 days salmon fishing. By popular request we were again fortunate to be guided by Jay who kept us well positioned on the river and was always on hand to keep my wife connected to as many salmon as possible!!
Staying at the Lodge is truly low impact and incredibly relaxing. Frank and the staff achieve a seamless operation with high quality equipment and always put in that extra something that just makes it all happen perfectly.
For example; I decided mid-stay to take some salmon fillets home to the UK as hold luggage. Everything was perfectly organised at very reasonable cost and the fish arrived still frozen in vacuum packs in a custom made cool box. No problem. Total efficiency.
All the staff are clearly happy to be part of the team at the Lodge and take genuine interest in your wellbeing. I am not even tempted to single anyone out for special praise as they were all stars.
The food was wonderful - but it has been wonderful every year previously so I can happily confirm that the standard truly remains: "exceptional".
Our party of 4 were accommodated in the outpost as requested - a great option with plenty space, very comfortable rooms and a peaceful setting.
So if you are reading this with a view to staying at the Lodge then rest assured you will have a great experience at this truly exceptional establishment.
Many thanks again Frank. See you next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fraser River Lodge is a little piece of heaven surrounded by the majestic Cascade Mountains, on the shores of the Mighty Fraser River.We invite you to join us for a stay at our Lodge, and experience the fishing vacation of a lifetime, a romantic getaway, a corporate event, or perhaps a unique one of kind Wedding venue!Fraser River Lodge is located just outside the town of Harrison Hot Springs & the picturesque farming community of Agassiz, and just over an hour away from Vancouver in beautiful British Columbia, Canada.Come join us and Relax...in style.Enjoy our "outdoor playground" and the endless opportunities that our area has to offer, such as hiking, horse riding, golfing, river rafting and beautiful sight seeings by car or helicopter... Our Lodge guests can also expect gourmet dining, a great selection of Single Malt Scotch Whisky’s, Cuban cigars and award winning BC wines.Set among 18 private acres with 2,000 feet of private riverfront, our Lodge is a warm and inviting log home retreat. From the moment you arrive, you’ll be captured with its spectacular view of the Fraser River and the majestic 7,000 foot high Mt.Cheam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Fraser River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser River Lodge And Resort
- Fraser River Hotel Agassiz
- Fraser River Fishing Hotel