All reviewsbrock universityfront deskliving roomfourth floortim hortonsking suiterooms are spaciouscoffee makerbit datedsmall fridgest catharinesshort driveoff the beaten pathup to datefree internetlots of parkingsuite hotel
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We chose to stay here as we were visiting family in the area and have stayed in both Niagara on the Lake and Niagara Falls before. This hotel met all our requirements of location (easy driving to the Falls and relatives in St Catherines) and a family suite (a lot of the Lake hotels don't seem to have big family rooms). The room was large and comfortable and the breakfast was good. The staff were helpful and polite, especially our breakfast waitress who recommended a magic show in Niagara Falls (Greg Frewin) - something I would never have personally considered but I have to say it was a good night out for all ages.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Halibut51
Management response:Responded September 14, 2010

I will certainly pass along your comments to the wait staff. I'm am delighted that they were able to make your visit fun. Our family suites with two bedrooms, two washrooms plus a living room and kitchette make it convenient and easy for travelling with kids. Thanks for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed August 1, 2010

We recently chose to stay at this wonderful hotel as one of our children will be attending Brock University this fall, and we needed to visit the campus. We were not disappointed in any way by this hotel! The location was second to none for us (it was a two minute drive to the parking lot), the staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient. The room was fantastic!! We were in a family suite and everyone in our party agreed the stay was worth every cent! A short drive took us to Port Dalhausie, and what a gem that place is too.We look forward to returning several times in the next 5 years!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank calOntario
Management response:Responded August 3, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the great experience you had at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 16, 2010

I had lunch at the In Piazza restaurant in the Four Points hotel.
As a local I've been told by many friends that the restaurant is a hidden gem in St. Catharines. While the food was pretty good, the service was a totally different story.
Our waitree Tricia was very innattentive during our meal. We twice had to ask for our drinks to be refilled and quite honestly she spent most of the time speaking on her cellular phone completely ignoring us and the other people in the restaurant. When we finally got her attention to so we could pay our bill she was coming out of the kitchen with a plate and my husband is positive that he saw her help herself to some french fries from the plate she was carrying. As an older couple who really like to visit our local restaurants I have to say that I was appalled at this waitress' actions. I wanted to speak to the manager but neither myself or my husband saw any evidence that there was any.
We won't be back

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank turned_off_local
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Stayed at the Thorold Four Points on a business trip. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful(especially the lovely Michelle!!!!). Rooms were somewhat of a disappointment in terms of furnishings - dated and low end. On the positive side they were very spacious. Had several meals at the restaurant - Italian themed but other menu choices available. Food was OK. Staff very friendly and helpful. One comment that just came to mind - the elevator is brutally slow despite the complex being only four stories. This is an extremely minor point however and should not impact any decision on whether to stay(note to management - pick up the speed!). Hotel is a good consideration or alternative to a room right in Niagara Falls as it is only a 15-20 minute drive.

Right across the street basically is Brock University so this place is a natural for any people visiting or doing business at the University,

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank terry768976
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Made a bonehead error and booked the wrong dates on Expedia - arrived a day early. Matt at the Front Desk resolved the booking issue very quickly and efficiently. Even though Expedia had indicated the room was to have a King Size bed and at their end it was booked as 2 doubles he photocopied my Expedia information and made the room correction while at all times being very professional in his demeanor. Excellent Service!
The king size suite was somewhat dated, but quite large and very functional. Included a nice large desk for doing some work related business. Also enjoyed the large number of windows available in the suite.
Had breakfast at the restaurant and found the food very good, quite plentiful, excellent quality and unlike some other reviewers, quite reasonably priced.
My wife and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple