“spooky”

Haunted Mansion
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Kensington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A Fun Time Haunt Experience! Tour through Dr Jack's haunted mansion and experience a frightfully spooky good time. Appropriate for all ages, your visit includes the mansion, water gardens, & Dr. Jack's playland!
Saint John, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“spooky”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

always a good time, now with more stuff. The new rides are great, the family always loves it here

Visited July 2011

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“very surprising!”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

the experience was amazing the place is very well done, we were there near the end of the season and I would bet its even better during peak season

1 Thank Patricia G
Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Love It”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I can not wait to go back there and bring some people with me. obviously not a place for kids so i didn't get to enjoy the whole house. My kids got scared a few times. It is set up great but if you are afraid of the dark and what might pop out i don't suggest you go

1 Thank BrandyTerrio
Sussex, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“definetely NOT for all ages!!”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

From an adults point of view the haunted mansion is well done and pretty scary, my issue and it is huge is that I have small children. We drove by and the kids saw the play area outside and wanted to go. We went in and asked if we could get to the outside play area and gardens without going through the house and that we would still pay full price, we were told no! So we asked how scary it was and if it was ok for kids ages 4 and 2 1/2, we were told they would be fine and it wasn't that scary. I have never been soo angry, it was horrible! My boys were soo scared that we had to carry them and run through the place. They had nightmares for weeks! What is really frustrating is that the woman working the gift shop told us on our way out of the gardens that they could have let us go through the gift shop instead of the mansion. Would NEVER return based on the way we were treated!!!!!!!!

Visited July 2011
3 Thank Amanda M
drjacksmansion, Owner at Haunted Mansion, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
I'm sorry to hear this took place and caused your family distress. The rides area was a new addition in 2011, specifically for families with children. In some cases not all family members enjoy a fright but still want to enjoy the experience with their family. Through the summer we started using bracelets for guests to make it easier to identify parties skipping the Mansion,or doing a child swap, and coming through the gift shop to the rides. Although we like to scare people, I hate to see any child taken unwillingly into that part of the attraction and I feel badly that your experience was thus tainted. I hope that the rest of your visit to Prince Edward Island will give your kids some pleasant memories from the summer of 2011.
Souris, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“So much fun around Halloween!”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Best haunted trail around Halloween time ! Def worth the money :)

1 Thank peigirl2011