“Coldest "HOT-cakes" ever”

Ranked #35 of 81 Restaurants in Tepoztlan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

The place is nice. The people is not enought for a good service.
Time for menu cards is too much even witout people in another tables.
I do not come back any more.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

A short walk downhill from the center of Tepoztlan, this good restaurant is just the place to relax after your morning in the
market, the church, and climbing up (and down) to the pyramid.
When the solo saxaphone is playing soft music while you eat, drink, converse and enjoy the view, you'll know why you came to Tepoztlan and cherish this memory.

Reviewed May 13, 2017

Great food, but mostly what I love about this place is that it's family established and families visit year after year, so they take care of their customers.
The restaurant is on the roof of the house which became a rooftop balcony. Love the views. Going there makes me enjoy the fact that I got away from the city, and can enjoy nature and all the rock mountain formations around Tepoztlan.

Reviewed March 3, 2016

While we had intended to have comida (lunch), they were just shutting down the breakfast buffet. So a cold beer and some relaxation gazing out over the valley was in order.

Pleasant spot but have no comments on the food.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I've just come back from this restaurant, and this is one of the first times I've ever been inclined to write a review. Quite simply, absolutely horrible, combined with being very over-priced. Oh, you may be fooled by the nice view, the white tablecloths and such, but make no mistake, it was awful. First of all, we waited about 15 minutes to get our menus. The guy brought menus and took orders from other customers who arrived after us, and finally I called out and asked if we should get the menus ourselves. My mother ordered a type of chorizo dish which she could only have a few bites of before she nearly gagged. I had a spaghetti, the sauce of which tasted like half canned Heinz tomato juice and half water. The spaghetti had also been overcooked by at least 5 minutes, and was complete mush. My spaghetti also arrived about 20 minutes after my mother's dish. The guacamole on the side was utterly bland, with it seemed no salt, lime, cilantro or anything. I'm not even sure if there were any onions, it was more like someone scooped out an avocado and tossed a couple of bits of tomato in. Even the bread was sub-par, which was a shame since it took over half an hour before we got anything in the first place. I would have sent it back but I had no confidence in the restaurant's ability to do anything properly, so we paid and left with our plates 90% full. In passing a waitress on my way out, I asked "Is the chef on vacation?" and she sort of mumbled that he was, and asked if the meal was OK. I said that it was very possibly the worst meal I had had in my life. She didn't seem that surprised or embarrassed, and offered no apology.