“Incredible place !”

Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

I happened to visit Tepoztlán on a singular weekend when they celebrated the “challenges” and strolling through the streets I saw a sign of this restaurant marketing argentine food. Due to sheer curiosity I jumped the stairs (it is located in a 1st floor) and discovered a quaint place with a few tables and as it was early many were empty.

I decided to try a dish or two to ascertain it’s authenticity (I am argentine) and sat in a place overlooking the street below.

I requested empanadas and a glass of malbec. My first surprise was when I asked the waiter of the strange feeling of finding argentine food In Tepoztlán and his answer was “all of us here love argentine food”. He was not talking of any foreign staples but about his sincere opinion of the dishes he served.

The food arrived and to my surprise they were the real thing. The empanadas’ fillings were authentic as was the crust. He wine list was also interesting and had several argentine wines.

Then tables around us began to fill and dishes arrived and I was able to appreciate the fettuccine with tomato sauce, some grilled piece of tender beef, a large-sized milanesa with French fries and a few other items that made my mouth water.

Service was agile, efficient and kind. But I also learned that the staff had better compensation that anyone working in the other restaurants in town.

I was even more pleased to learn that a material percent of profits go to local charities.

I will go back any time I visit this beautiful pueblo mágico !!!

Reviewed March 31, 2018

We ate here twice -- one good experience when the owner was present, one horrible experience when the owner was not. We had really good food and service when the owner was on the premises, even if it really isn't distinctively 'Argentinian.' When we returned, during Semana Santa, the owner was not on hand, and the same employees gave horrendous service and food -- tasteless food (an awful pizza that upset our stomachs, so clearly wasn't hygienically prepared), and lackadaisical service. The employees even had the door closed at the downstairs entrance, though this is peak tourist season, creating the impression that the establishment was not open (we alerted them to this, and they did nothing to remedy it).

Reviewed January 4, 2018

We hit this place last - 10 pm ish -the manager Rosa -greeted us with a smile on her face and super warm service! It was one of the best Za's we've ever had! No pressure to hurry -they treated us like family! We would recommend Pueblo Gaucho and cant wait to go back! GRACIAS ROSA and Grandma!

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

A small restaurant located very near to the city plaza. The food was just average ( the best was a 4 cheese pasta and a wood oven pizza). The service is just ok, and the prices are fair. Expect to pay about 40 dollars per person. Would not go back.

Gerardo_RS, Owner at Pueblo Gaucho, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2017

Hi Juan.

I've read you review and regret to see that we where unable to give you a good experience. We value our customers experience above all else and work towards that every day, so I sincerely apologize.
In order to improve our service and, hopefully, your next visit, I you choose to give us another chance, I'd love to hear more about your visit. Would you care to PM me about it, what you ordered and your impressions on our food? I would also appreciate to know what convinced you that our food isn't authentic. Granted, we've introduced Mexican elements into some of our dishes and recently began advertise ourselves as Argenmex (a term used by the migrant Argentine community in Mexico), but we do base most of what we do in very traditional recipes. I promise to do everything I can to use this for the better.

Thanks and please accept our apologies
Gerardo

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Nice pizza argentinian style. Small place, well located, nice view from the balcony. Best of all: the pizza. Worth to visit while visiting Tepoztlán.

Gerardo_RS, Owner at Pueblo Gaucho, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

We really appreciate your visit and your review... hope to see you back soon :)