“good food, kind of weird atmosphere”
Review of El Mango

El Mango
Ranked #6 of 81 Restaurants in Tepoztlan
Reviewed December 23, 2016

I like their food, but they have a doberman here without a leash that can be off putting and even fear-inducing if you have skittish and young children. Their playground is so rickety that it's rather dangerous. But the food is good, with reasonable prices.

Reviewed December 13, 2016 via mobile

Wow. A thin crust with a taste surprise of caraway seeds that are lightly added. The taste along with the toppings is incredible. We had capers and anchovies added. I will truly remember it.

Reviewed June 4, 2016

We went on a Saturday night. There was a great alternative rock band playing from Mexico City...only disappointment was that they only played about 8 songs total. The food was delicious and the servers kept the drinks coming as we ordered. The setting is laid back - open air - but covered in case of rain. Tables are nicely polyeurathaned tree trunks and groovy lamps throughout the space. The owner was so nice and let us turn the stage into karaoke after the band was done because we weren't ready to go home!! Tepoztlan is a really sleepy place at night but we had a blast here!

Reviewed February 27, 2016 via mobile

Has an amazing time in this cozy place. Food was pretty German and pretty good. Most visit, specially whenever there is live music.

1  Thank Fernando G
Reviewed November 27, 2015

Now in Mexico for 6 weeks, I NEEDED a 'North American' meal, and had read that El Mango's selection was decent. Check opening times - I went yesterday and it was closed (common during week, when tourism is minimal.) The menu includes both Italian and German dishes. I opted for one of the German sausages - which came with excellent (brown, crusty!) bread/herbed butter, a green salad including shredded carrot (!), sauerkraut, and quite a tasty potato salad. All very well done. Service was reasonably prompt - and I appreciated getting the bread/butter quickly. Only one dessert was available - sounded like 'pumpkin' somehting, so despite being stuffed, I ordered it. Turned out to be more of a coffee cake, but good, with ice cream, and somewhat inexplicably, chocolate sauce drizzled over grapes and cranberries, though I was so grateful for the cranberries that I didn't care. Prices were reasonable - I think all of this was still under 300 pesos (I had a sparkling lime drink also) There's a pizza oven, so 'light' fare is also available. Recorded music was playing (a bit loudly) and it looks like they might have both a band and dance floor. It's pretty big - an outdoor setting under a canopy. A playground adjacent the restaurant area so looks pretty 'family friendly.' Other than the music, a quiet location.

1  Thank ConnieDalian_