All reviews palm trees conch shells shower head plenty of chairs third floor rooftop deck tacos top floor lounge chairs ocean view wonderful hotel in town quiet at night cancun airport nice beach air condition loved this hotel
Reviewed February 28, 2018

Our room was great. We loved everything about our trip and the hotel. It would be nice if the restaurant served food all day (if it had dinner.) Easy walk to a variety of restaurants, though, so it wasn't really a problem. Funky, relaxed atmosphere on the entire island.

Room Tip: all seemed good to me
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cynthia D
HotelLaPalapa, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Beachfront Hotel La Palapa Adult Oriented, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2018

Dear Cynthia Defelice,

I am glad to know that you and Ralph had a good time with us at Beachfront Hotel La Palapa. It was a truely pleasure to meet your kind heart. Us, at the front desk also had a good experience with you and Ralph as a guest and we appreciate the trust you gave us to be part of your fabulous vacations.

We appreciate your beautiful review that cheers us to keep doing an excellent job. We love this place and want to share it with others, and having all those smiles and good words is what makes us happy. So thank you.

we wish you all the love, health and happiness.
With our heart open,

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I visited the lovely Hotel La Palapa in June and had a wonderful experience! It was so perfect to wake up in the morning and have the beach right outside our door and the hotel is in a great location- close to downtown and all the restaurants/shops. We walked the length of the beach one day and concluded La Palapa also has one of the best private beaches. The sand there is so nice whereas other areas it was much more coarse from all the shells.

The best part of all I would say though is the staff. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating and made us feel right at home. One of the groundskeepers would greet us every day and a front desk attendant would encourage me to practice my Spanish. On top of all that, I accidentally left some of my personal items in our room when we departed. The hotel staff went above and beyond to ensure it made it back to me in California, even though we lost touch for a bit. They reached out to me again over email and 8 months later I've been reunited with my long lost items which included a water color, some books and a poster (Thanks Angelica and Monica!) So glad I can finally hang my art on the wall. Can't say enough about this hotel and their wonderful service. I hope to make it back some day!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
HotelLaPalapa, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Beachfront Hotel La Palapa Adult Oriented, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2018

Beautiful Amanda,

It is a pleasure for us to be able to send you the items you forgot 8 months ago. In the Island we don't have the opportunity to do so and that's why it took us time to do it. The good thing is that I had a chance to go to Playa and felt happy to send those pieces of art for your wall. I hope you finish the painting you were doing because it is going to look fabulous.

We had a good time sending each other those emails with all your kindness and joy. Thank you very much for the time you took to leave us a review. Many of our guests forget things in the hotel and we do our best to take all those items back with who they belong to. Sometimes it gets complicated to reach them all but with you we had luck.

I am glad you had a wonderful stay at Beachfront Hotel La Palapa having a perfect experience. As you mention, is good for all the future travelers to know that our location is a walking distance to the center and a few steps from the room to the beach.

You know where to find us and we would love to have you back.
Have an amazing time anywhere you go.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

We had a fab stay at Palapa, beautiful beach front place with lovely rooms with hammocks. Staff were great - helpful and friendly. Would love to stay again if we go back to Holbox. Love the ocean there too!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lindsey S
HotelLaPalapa, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Beachfront Hotel La Palapa Adult Oriented, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Dear Lindsey,

It is lovely the feeling you give us with your comment. We do our best to make everyone feel comfortable and happy during their stay and our goul is to make that feeling stay with each one of our guest so that anywhere they go they feel happy and relaxed.

We want to make a love chain and we put our heart in what we do. It is more than a pleasure to be helpful and friendly. We also enjoyed your company and Barbara's as well. Both were always very kind and joyful. The hammocks are fun to use at the beachf and it is very relaxing.

Thank you once again for your amazing comment and for your trust.

We wish you the best and hope to have you back at your caribbean home.

Reviewed February 7, 2018

Holbox is an incredible island. If you've ever been to Tulum and are looking for a more recluse beach town w similar vibes -this is it. I was actually apprehensive about sharing my review because I want to keep this place a secret. La Palapa is by far the best hotel location being central to the town and steps from the beach. Rooms are thoughtfully decorated and offer a ton of space. The spa and rooftop is so relaxing, We will be back!!

Room Tip: Room 21 is literally a step down to the sand
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rubzica
HotelLaPalapa, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Beachfront Hotel La Palapa Adult Oriented, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2018

To our dear Rubzica,

I'm very glad that your heart decided to share your own good vibes vacations. Let's take an advantage on your comment and provide information to keep the charm of your secret place for those who have the opportunity to come.

This Incredible Island has a couple of protective areas, one of them is Punta Mosquito. Who ever goes on bycicle or Golf cart must park after the last hotel and keep exploring the island walking through the sand bars. This is because in certain season, Turtles leave their eggs and we don't want to make the sand to heavy for them. The other one is Punta Coco; there is a bird sanctuary and we kindly ask to not put music or pass through with golf cars because it scares the birds away and they need their tranquility space for their nest. Just enjoy bird watching a listen them singing.

Just like you, we care about this Island very much and Beachfront Hotel La Palapa loves to have kind guests like you. Thank you very much for leaving a comment that gives us the opportunity to share some conscience. The Carnaval just started this week and since we have the best location, the dancers stop by to do their show and leave. We even have that! And the beach is looking lovely.

I'm happy you had a pleasant and relaxing stay. We hope to have you back and truley appreciate your positive words.

We wish you the best with all our heart,

Reviewed January 24, 2018

Beachfront La Palapa is the perfect place to stay in Holbox!

My girlfriend and I spent 2 nights here earlier this month and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

The location is absolutely ideal, right on the beach just a few metres from the Caribbean and a short walk to the main square.

The beachfront itself is idyllic, with plenty of hammocks to lounge the day away and with a restaurant/bar overlooking the water.

Our room was very light and airy, and you could hear the waves every night as you drifted off to sleep. Perfect!

A special thank you also to Angie, Monica, Francisco and the rest of the team, who were super friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay a memorable one.

Overall, a fantastic hotel on a wonderful little island, and we would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
HotelLaPalapa, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Beachfront Hotel La Palapa Adult Oriented, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2018

Hola, Hola Lee!

I got very excited to hear from you! I even ran out of Reception to tell Francisco that you wrote a review and wrote something very special for us. Also let him know the amazing job he is doing with our kind guest for his honesty and joy. Also Monica got very excited to see her name on tripadvisor. So thank you very much for leaving a review and for your kind words that means a lot to us.

I hope you had an amazing birthday with Lara during your trip in Mexico. Reading your comment was a big flash back full of joy when Francisco found your passport and the beautiful feeling you shared with us is what makes our heart grow. We are very thankful you selected our hotel as your Caribbean home. I'm very glad you felt confortable with your room, enjoyed the beach and lovely hammocks.

This amazing Beachfront Hotel is now your home and you are part of this family. Please give Lara a hug from my part (Angie) and maybe see you this year in England. If not, we will be more than happy to have both of you back in Isla Holbox.

P/S: Thank you very much for the chocolate cookies. It was a blast! Laralee fan forever.

With an open heart,
Your family of Beachfront Hotel La Palapa.