“Nice place for lobster and drinks.. ”

Barquito Mawimbi Beach Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 119 Restaurants in Holbox Island
Price range: US$8 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Awesome place for drinks, fare price.. However the lobster is tip top. The cocktails are good enough for 100 pesos.. And the staff is always wiling to help.

You can be at the beach and enjoy a good drink at the same time.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Cool place just at the beach inside the hotel Mawinbi.
Food is good but nothing spectacular.
The only good thing about having lunch here is that you actually seat at the beach, but nothing else.
Calamari was good but thats it.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

Lovely staff, lovely setting. But the food.... I have been coming to Mexico for a decade now and know how delightful Mexican food can be. But this restaurant does not do it justice.
I ordered grilled octopus. I am sure it had been grilled at some stage. Just not at any time close to me placing an order. The fish ceviche came with a fish that was disintegrating buvthe time we got it. Only nice thing was my daughter's pasta. That was clearly cooked to order, and came 15 minutes later than all our orders.
And then the way it is served.... I have eaten with Mexican miners at their cantines. Presentation was similar, but at the mines everything was hot. My like warm octopus came with a dollop of look warm rice and some wilted lettuce. We were very disappointed.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

I ate dinner here last night alone and it was hands down the worst service experience I’ve had in Holbox (I’ve been here a month and have eaten most places). When I arrived i sat there for a solid 20mins before anyone came to ask me if I wanted a drink, and I was the only customer. Each time I wanted to order something I had to call them over to me. I ordered water at one point, he asked if I wanted sparkling, I said yes, another solid 20mins later and still no water. I had to call him over and he brought me flat water. The final kicker was when he brought my bill he announced the total out loud, maybe I didn’t want the people around me knowing I just spent 800$... i won’t be coming back here to say the least. The 2 stars are because the food actually was good.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 18, 2018

This is a casual beach restaurant, with some tables on a patio near the small bar and some on the beach. The food is simple but good. As a vegetarian, I had the cheese quesadillas every time we went, along with excellent guacamole and fresh chips. They have a good drinks and wine menu. For a casual beach restaurant, this was my favorite. It was a very relaxed place. Service can be slow as there was always just one server, but who needs to be in a hurry when you have that beach setting, especially during sunset. Order your drinks and guacamole right away, then relax and enjoy the evening. (And save some of your guacamole to add to your quesadillas). Also if you need a chilled bottle of wine to take away, this is a good place to get it.

Date of visit: August 2018