Holbox Hotel Casa las Tortugas - Petit Beach Hotel & Spa
Amaite Hotel & Spa(Holbox Island)
US$386
US$287
  • Beachfront
Hotel Villas Delfines(Holbox Island)
US$127
US$103
  • Pool
Las Nubes De Holbox(Holbox Island)
US$408
US$287
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Casa BlatHa(Holbox Island)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$131
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
US$110
Hotel El Pueblito(Holbox Island)
US$93
US$166
US$148
HotelsClick
  • Pool
Holbox Hotel Mawimbi(Holbox Island)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmandarina restaurantpool viewrooftop barstandard roomswinging bedsin townyogurt and granolaspa serviceswhale shark tourlight sleepercevichebreakfast was includedcancun airportlaid backhotel is beautifulrestaurant staffnice pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

So, I booked and payed this (first time) jan 27. We loved the hotel, yoga with Karina, Emma in the restaurant and had a chat with the owner (Francesca) of Le Bazaar (same as the hotel) cuz we had the same dress and so on.
When i was checking out on the 3rd of feb they told me in the reception to wait for a manager because of a mistake. A manager came with an envelope with a LOT of mexican pesos in it and explained that there had been a double withdrawel from my account by mistake. I explained that I didnt want to travel with that much money in cash with me and asked If they could please do a payback to my bank account. First, that was not possible..It was supposed to take 90 days?! that was to me very strange. I asked her to check that again, and she came back and told me it could be done.
She handed me the invoice and the info she needed from me to be able to pay the money back.
We agreed that I would email the hotel the bank info when I got back to Sweden. And they would do the payment after that.
So I Did. I emailed the hotel on the 8th of feb.
I have now tried to reach them several times by email and Instagram with no response.

I have not got my money back.

//Hanna

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hanna G
Hol2Mex, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Holbox Hotel Casa las Tortugas - Petit Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Hanna

Firstly our sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding, we really sorry for all the inconvenience

After our conversation during the check-out, you decided to don`t accept the refund by cash to avoid bring money during your trip back home that is why both parts agreed to make a bank transfer, with such bad luck that the international bank transfer takes longer than usual to be processed

We hope you enjoyed your stay and back next year to the paradise

Greetings

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Casa las Tortugas is best described as rustic shabby chic. It's small and has the feel of a European country retreat. It's at the good end of the island with more space between hotels.It's on the beach but step out and you're in town. Go barefoot! You don't need flip flops. There is no concrete. It's sand surrounding the individual buildings. And the beach which goes on for miles is beautiful. The restaurant is one of the best on the island. The pastries baked at the restaurant are some of the best I've ever tasted anywhere. Our suite was big and airy, the bathroom and shower with rainforest shower head was great with some nice products. Our deck with a small table and chairs and a hammock was a nice place to hang out late in the day. One morning I saw a raccoon scamper across the deck and jump onto the roof!!
But for all the good, I have to mention some drawbacks. First is the noise coming from the nightclub next door. It's relentless. It's techno bass pounding until 3 or 4AM on the weekend. The hotels at this end of the island are furious. I know the owners have taken the club owner to court. The crazy thing is that it's not the kind of island that you would even think would have a night club like that. But it's not good if you are a light sleeper. The other problem is that there are not enough palapas. You have to stake your claim early in the morning to get sun beds with a palapa. The other nuisance is the sargasso seaweed which came ashore after the bad weather. It's not allowed to be removed because it decomposes and mixes in with the sand. Someone from the spa walks along the beach with incense to help with the small. But that being said the smell dissipated after a day or so.
Despite the issues I've mentioned, we really liked the hotel and the staff and hope that they can get the night club to stop the music!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2atthebar
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

What a gorgeous hotel. Best location on the beach, beautifully designed, lovely large room and beds, well cleaned and maintained, great staff on reception, lovely pool, so many positives, I could go on and on. The lunch and evening menus in the restaurant are varied and the food is of high quality, albeit at more or less ‘London prices’.

My two issues though were breakfast and inconsistent levels of service on the beach and in the restaurant. At this level of hotel at breakfast I would expect more than two choices, basically either savoury (some kind of meat- based hot option like a toasted sandwich) or a sweet option (fruit with yoghurt and muesli). Don’t get me wrong, both were always delicious but sometimes I wanted both, and I’d expect to get both when paying these room rates. Also, to charge extra for pastries etc at breakfast just comes across like you’re putting profit before customers and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Just not good enough in my opinion. Secondly the service; sometimes it was excellent and friendly, other times it seemed like the staff couldn’t be bothered or were simply too busy and couldn’t get around everyone who wanted a drink, for example. Being offered a drinks menu and then waiting half an hour for an order to be taken isn’t good. As I said, this wasn’t always the case, just once or twice during our stay was it completely unacceptable.

All in all though a beautiful little place and despite the two criticisms I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisCookLondon

Hola ChirsCook

Thank you for your review and your comments. The bad and positive things about us are always welcome to give the best of the best to our guest and clients

We hope to see you next year

Greetings

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel eight years ago and it was probably my favourite hotel that I have been raving about and recommending to my friends since then. Probably why I was very disappointed on arrival at 6 pm , this time to be greeted by a receptionist that said we hadn’t paid any money towards the stay, when questioned she said she would check the next morning. We had been travelling since 3 am and were tired and hungry so asked to book at the restaurant for 7pm she said she would. When we went to the restaurant we were told they were full all night and had no tables at all. The receptionist walked into the restaurant and said she hadn’t seen us to tell us they were fully booked - our room was next to reception! The staff at the restaurant did manage to get us a table and we had a great meal. In the morning we were told by the three reception girls that we had definitely not paid a penny in advance, the hotel is on the expensive side and we had booked for 12 days. My partner had to spend the next hour finding the email to confirm payment and the bank statement too which was difficult as the WiFi in the room was not good. This did sour the beginning of the holiday.
We love the design of the rooms, restaurant and bar, the swimming pool , bar and spa were being built last time so we enjoyed the new additions. We were unlucky that the winds brought the seaweed onto the beach on the second day and the staff didn’t try to clear it until the day before we left.
We were disappointed that the bar only opened twice in the 12 days, we were told that it was too windy, then not enough staff then it was low season :-( There were no signs to say when it was open. The only other negative was that a group of 10 ladies arrived for the weekend who were very loud and noisy on the beach and woke us at 3am when they came back after their night out. It was a bit like a hen party which didn’t really seem to go with the lovely peaceful vibe the hotel normally has. End of negatives!
We love the decor of the hotel, it’s in an ideal location just away from the main town, amazing views from the restaurant and beach beds. Love watching the birds and even had a visit from a raccoon . A big plus was watching the waitress Andreas wedding /blessing on the beach . The bar, restaurant, grounds staff and cleaners were all very friendly and efficient . The food in the restaurant was mainly very good, the drinks , cocktails and wine all great. We did enjoy our stay but will keep to our motto of never going back to the same place but discovering new in future.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Canalletto
Reviewed 5 February 2018

This is a small but very charming hotel. I’ve seen some complaints about it being loud, but this was not our case. Maybe because we went during low season but our experience was nothing short of extraordinary. The bed was very comfortable (this is crucial for us) and everything was in good working condition. It was my understanding that they were going to close the hotel after we left for some rennovations but it didn’t really impact our stay previous to such. Anyway, the hotel provides a very “tropical” experience with plenty of shaded areas to hide from the sun if you’re not wanting to spend 12 hours tanning under the sun. The hammocks are always a lovely touch and the decor was on point.
Location is amazing, right on the beach and of course, everything is within walking distance.
The service, great!
The food, could use some improvement, especially for the price but not bad.
Overall a pretty complete hotel, relaxing, beautiful and aesthetically mesmerizing.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aida R

Dear Aida

Is a really comfortable to know that you have a really good experience during your stay with us

We hope you can visit us in another season !! :))

Best whishes