8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$199
PricelineUS$199
Expedia.comUS$199
Orbitz.comUS$199
Agoda.comUS$199
CheapTicketsUS$199
All reviews runway view paris cafe rooftop pool eero saarinen rotary phone cocktail lounge air train airport hotel jet blue jean georges howard hughes life magazine mad men an early flight blackout shades floor to ceiling windows reading room
Selected filters
Reviewed April 17, 2021 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night. The hotel was great. We stayed in Executive Queen Suite. View was amazing. I am amazed how we could NOT hear the planes taking off and landing. Staff was friendly. During our stay Paris cafe was open for dinner only on certain days. As reminder travel industry is just picking up due to COVID. Their are minimal food options for breakfast and lunch. We knew this going in and brought snacks for the room.
We didn’t not use the pool since was raining but was able to take some additional pictures of some planes taking off. We can’t wait to go back.

1  Thank P4P2P
Reviewed April 13, 2021

Room was nice. Bed was firm as it should be. Checkin was easy. I like the concept and give them a lot of credit for being creative. However, the developer did not go far enough. Flooring, for example, in the lobby was not redone. It's dirty and stained. Bad first impression. The rooms are clean and very nice. Very modern. I could not get a mat for the shower. It was very slippery and when I called down for a mat they said it's not provided. Also, soap dispenser was cheap and didn't work in the shower. Odd, seems like they ran out of money during the renovation.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Richard P
Reviewed April 10, 2021 via mobile

3 Stars because the hotel is great but the room was awful.

Here are a few things that left us unimpressed:
--Our room smelled like weed/skunk in the middle of the night. I don't know where the air vent feeds from but they need to check that.
--The automatic curtain shade completely fell off while we were lowering it and hit me in the head. We called to have it fixed and while it took 30ish minutes for someone to come up, he was a very nice repair man
--There was no trash can in the room
--At 1:30AM, we were woken up by 10-15 people yelling and singing down the halls. Not a great wake up call.

So that's the bad. The positive:
--very kind staff
--the environment of the hotel is so fun and historical. My 2 year old loved the cars in the lobby
--the roof top pool is amazing. I'm an aviation enthusiast so I could have stayed in the pool all day!

So while I really liked the hotel, the place where you spent the most time in the hotel (your room) it really let us down. Hope this feedback is helpful.

4  Thank Fejfrey
Reviewed April 4, 2021 via mobile

The best thing about the TWA Hotel is the location. It is the only hotel actually located in JFK airport. It is connected to Terminal 5 (JetBlue) and has easy access to the other terminals through the AirTrain. The AirTrain station is located directly across the street, but it can also be reached through a more circuitous, but indoor route through the terminal. All the other “airport” hotels require a shuttle bus ride from the AirTrain’s hotel / rental car station.
The hotel itself tries to recreate the TWA experience of the 1960’s and its fun in a Disney sort of way. And like Disney, the property seems to be very popular with families with kids. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. Overall, we had a nice stay the night before an early flight. We’ll stay there again when the need arises, but because of the location more than the decor.

Date of stay: March 2021
3  Thank EJW3
Reviewed April 2, 2021

If you're just passing through, or traveling on business, and want a comfortable place to sleep with the usual hotel amenities I'd recommend someplace else.

But if you appreciate architecture, history, and love the smell of jet fuel in the morning, you'll love the TWA hotel. It wasn't busy when we arrived and we were in our room via the self check-in within minutes at noon. So I can't comment on the customer service in that regard. It might get ugly when they're busier.

The common areas retain the original white tile which might look dirty. But it's original and not a surface that a contemporary architect would choose. Which is cool.

Our room was spotless. But it is spartan. No ironing board, nowhere to store clothes or belongings, and no coffee in the room.

The mini food court is exactly what I prefer. Panini's, pizzas, drinks, and other to-go food all day long. One of the restaurants was open and my teen son chuckled over the menu prices, wondering how a cheeseburger could possibly justify a $26 price tag. But the cheese pizza we ate earlier was a light meal for two and not bad at $15.

He was annoyed that the very nice 55" Samsung TV didn't included Netflix. I was mildly annoyed that he couldn't cast his iPhone to the TV. You can clone the screen with your Samsung phone and it is a nice, big TV.

The pool is lovely but was jam-packed with kids. There were A LOT of kids in general, so if you hate children, stay away. In fact, the hotel has a vintage Disneyland vibe, so if you do have kids, they'll love it. And food court is kid friendly.

There are some legit complaints in the bad reviews, but mostly I'd say that a different hotel might have been a better choice for some of the travelers who didn't like the TWA hotel. It's a unique experience, and that's not always what you want or need while traveling.

I should mention that my 13 year old son - who is an aviation and aircraft nerd - is in heaven here. Watching the jets come and go from the floor to ceiling windows alone is worth the cost for him.

Also, it's got an advantage during the pandemic in that the seating in the extensive and varied common areas is inherently spacious.

One not entire trivial quibble: why is the intelligentsia coffee kiosk closed?

3  Thank zoobadger