See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The accomodation gets too noisy, because of the arrangement of the rooms. The Restaurant is HORRIBLE, specially the service, do not eat there! you are in for a bad time. Other than that, it's ok, just stay out of the restaurant hahaha. beds are ok, hot water is not always a reliable thing, better to call reception an hour before you shower so they turn it on, though they claim is always on, it only works when you call them about it.

Room Tip: check the room first!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I really wanted to like the Susan Hotel. The staff was very nice, the rooms were a steal, but man was it hard to sleep. It has to have the worst acoustics in Peru: every door that closes sounds like a gunshot, dogs were barking, voices carried through the hotel. I suppose it's a minor complaint given the price, but it is definitely the downside of this hotel. i would have given it 2 and a half stars if that was possible.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank martroon
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is without a doubt the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The hotel lost the reservations for about 30 of us traveling as a group. Almost everyone in the group had problems with the hotel. We received one towel for the three persons in our room and no glasses. The bathoom had serious stains all over. When we asked for two more towels, we were sent two damp towels.One member of our group was given a room with a non-workiing toilet and the sink literally on the bathroom floor. Hotel was very noisy at all hours.The bathroom window looked out on the iternal staircase which was not good. Our triple barely had room for three beds and no desk. The front desk was very poorly organized even though we had a native Peruvian with us to help as the front desk personnel spoke no English whatsover.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Roycroftmom
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I had the privaledge of staying at this lovely hotel.I found it very comfortable and best of all,
very easy on the wallet,s/50.00 per night for a single.Although communication was slightly awkward,I didn´t know enough Spanish,I was treated with top knotch courtesy,everyone there was very polite and helpful.
Hotel Susan also sports a very good resturant right on top,giving you a somewhat birds eyeveiw of the city and surrounding countryside,depending on where you sit.The food was of typical Peruvian menu with a few American stye dishes.I was there a week and tasted almost all of them and found them all just fine.I usually showed up around 7:00 am.and was greeted by a friendly waitress right away,and had my breakfast sitting in front of me within 10-15 minutes.
Depending your expectations,I would highly recommend this place to any weiry traveller.
Thanks for your time,and happy travels,
Dan,Canada

Room Tip: Always when travelling Peru,you can always make deals,when you do,ALWAYS ask for a receipt,to prevent any surprise charges at checkout.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Dan H
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I travelled to Huancayo by train over Semana Santa in April. I had a confimed room rate of $90.-- per night. For this price you have much better Hotel options available in Huancayo with a much better attention and service. Especially recommended are the hotels in the Cathedral area, not far from the railway station.

The rooms are large, but smelly and noisy. You hear every noise inside the house as it would be in your room. Be also prepared that they start cleaning rooms at 7:00am in the morning.
Breakfast is very basic and be prepared to wait at least 30 minutes until you are attended in their rooftop restaurant.
When I left the hotel on the last day to take the train, the person at the reception tried to charge me an addtional $ 10 per night.
Stay away of this place, there are much better hotels in this interesting town of Huancayo.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo