“Long Lunch”

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Rothbury
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the Lovedale area. St Clements Estate is extremely private and offers an extensive range of wines all produced from our estate. We are also excited to have opened the doors to Lillino's Italian/Pizza restaurant in June 2011.We welcome you to the most authentic and best Italian restaurant in the Hunter Valley Region. Offering some of the finest cuisine with one of the best views in the Hunter.Come on in today, sit back, relax and let us introduce you to a culinary journey without comparison. Ravioli Nonna Carmela, Malloreddus, Luigi’s Linguine, Porchetta alla Sarda, involtini di Pollo, Seadas, homemade Tiramisu and a variety of dishes from our ever changing menu, all complimented by our estate wines, made with passion and love, Pinot Grigio, Verdelloh aged Semillon, Shiraz, Merlot and our signature wines BNG barbera, nebbiolo, grenache and Cannonau Open for Lunch Thursday to Monday from 12pm - 3pm Dinner from 6pm to 9.00 Thursday to Monday(closed on Tuesday and Wednesdays)
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

A group of14 were catered for extremely well, with very nice anti pasta plates the highlight of this dish for me was the fresh local honey comb, which with the prosciutto ham was delicious. Other courses included gnocchi, tagliatelle osso bucolic, King fish, beef all finished with dessert of fresh thinly sliced pinnacle served with lemon sorbet.
The service is homely attentive and friendly, the wines from the adjacent vineyards was more than acceptable. The location is great with lovely vistas of the great dividing range. Prices are moderate, this is a great place for a casual lunch or dinner.

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Lovely food, good wine. A little noisy, but that happens when people are happy and animated. Whilst paying the bill looked back into the dining area and all I could see were smiling faces. A place to just enjoy.

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

We recently visited here for dinner and there was 12 of us in total. The staff were extremely accomodating and patient with us. The food was well executed and delicious. The pasta is homemade and cooked to perfection. We couldn't fault a thing, it was a very enjoyable night out.

Reviewed November 4, 2017

Pasta was freshly prepared but was repetitive with the same sauce shared over the pasta dishes we chose.
As a dinner venue it had no atmosphere inside at all, incredibly noisy making it painful to converse, even though only half full. Sound deadening, some background cultural music and a few extra service staff desperately needed. Not likely to return any time soon.

Luigi P, Owner at Lillino, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Dear Dialga, I choose not to respond to 99% of the reviews mainly because I respect people's view points, and I respect your view. I don't like your inaccuracies,and how you suggest I should run my Trattoria, I have six pasta dishes in my menu and the sauces are all different from one to another,as for the atmosphere!! you are the only one that creates the atmosphere, if your company is boring, then you will have a boring night!!
So,,, notwithstanding that the trattoria was 1/2 full I need more waitstaff, and you found it hard to converse, but I need more noisy background music!! Mam, On the night I was sitting with friends at the table next to yours and believe it or not I had my eyes on all my clients and didn't matter what the chef did to please you, you just ignored his professionalism, I could prolong my response but I'll leave it to that...

Reviewed November 3, 2017

Excellent Sardinian based food served either indoors or outside on the covered verandah. Great views of the Hunter Valley. The owner & staff make eating here an enjoyable occassion.