“Great food, great atmosphere, great junk”
Review of Ricks Garage

Ricks Garage
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Palmwoods
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ricks Garage is a licensed diner in the heart of Palmwoods on the Sunshine Coast. Ricks is the place to go for the best burgers & a rockin' time!
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Went to Ricks Garage with friends today for lunch ... what a great place, it's like going back in time to the fifties and sixties (except I would have been 10 and not allowed to drink alcohol).

There is automobilia and motorbikes and stuff everywhere. We ate at retro 60's laminex tables surrounded by even more stuff ... while you are waiting for your meal, you can just gaze at the stuff ... what kind of sfuff? ... all kinds.

I had the calamari and salad ... I didn't know squid grew that big, I could have made a belt out of them .. well cooked and just the right consistency .. and the salad and chips were also very nice.

The also have a good selection of wines and beer ... I am trying to create a collection of beer but I keep drinking it .. it's really hard.

The others had lamb burgers with chips and salad and a chicken burger ... all quite large, in fact two of the ladies couldn't finish them even though they were delicious.

Instead of cosmetic surgery, you would think it would make more sense to have their stomachs enlarged so you can eat all that delicious food.

The service was fantastic and the wait for food very short, about 5 minutes.

I would definitely recommend this establishment to one and all.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Went for dinner was seated on a table too small for 4 people. The table needed a clean thought the lady would return and clean it but didn't so we ended up cleaning ourselves.Ordered food got a drink and waited. Lots to see in this place so it is interesting. This place is popular with car & bike clubs so we had heard good things about it. The food arrived and it was disappointing after all the hype around the burgers which were nothing out of the ordinary except the high price. We felt rushed by the staff as they were busy and could have done with a few more staff members to relax the vibe a bit. Maybe they were having a bad night or something but overall we were all disappointed with the visit and wouldn't bother to go again.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for coffee and cake but that is only a part of what this vibrant diner offers. Indoor or outdoor, upstairs or down, there are plenty of options for dining or snacking or drinking. Very popular with groups who worship cars and motorbikes and those who just like to watch people. Quirky and fun. Our order was mixed up but the staff happily fixed this up.

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Lovely friendly staff, great memorabilia and also really good food. I had a vege burger, probably the nicest one I’ve ever had.
The place has a great feeling and is really large with lots of different areas to sit. Outdoor or indoor, some bench seats with 50’s feel. Great for couples, lunch with friends or family.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

Firmly on the list of places which I just had to visit, was Rick's Garage. It is a favourite of my hosts and definitely did not disappoint in any way. From the awesome retro interior, this place has something to catch everyone's eye and for a lover of vintage items, as we sat talking my eyes were drawn taking it all in.
We were lucky in that it was open mic night, on Thursday, which meant there was live music too and this just added to the atmosphere. Apparently they also have a whisky bar upstairs, which is pretty swanky and looks like it would appeal to any whisky connoisseur. Since it was raining, we like most others opted to eat inside, although there is a huge area outside for the warmer drier weather.
From the very helpful barmaid to our waitress for the evening, the staff aim to please and it seemed that nothing was too much trouble. My hosts and their family ate burgers, ribs, nuggets and fries, with milkshakes for the kids. I chose "Ricks Fish Burger" a breaded Hoki burger without the cheddar as my dairy free option, which was very filling and cooked perfectly. Along with alcoholic ginger beer which they have on draught there and set it off perfectly. Everyone enjoyed their meal and we stayed to enjoy the music for a while too, whilst I skipped around taking photos, with the help of one of the barmaids. The working garage at the back with vintage cars and a viewing window is just a plus for me and the waft of engine oil when we arrived early didn't quell our appetites.
Not your average burger bar, this place has a great atmosphere to share with friends and family alike and is definitely worth a visit.