We had the tail of the plane and it's very unique. It can sleep 4 people. Yes the shower is small and inside is a little cramped but it is what it is so enjoy it.
The manager was kind enough to tell us of some spots to drive to - Marokopa falls, Mangapohue natural bridge, Piripiri caves etc - which are free. It was such a good tip. Also the best glowworm experience. That kind of advise is priceless!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located in the Waikato, a 2 and a half hour drive south of Auckland and 2 hours across from Rotorua. We are a couple of minutes drive from the world famous Glowworm Caves in Waitomo. Our Motels are world unique, built in part from recycled and natural materials. They have in the past worked hard as a war plane, a navy patrol boat and a carriage from the steam train era. As such they have a slightly lingering aroma from their industrial past, much like any modern vehicle - their scent reflects the materials they are made of. Our Hobbits built underground contain natural fibre curtains and some timbers - these too reflect the natural scent of their origins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca and TripOnline SA so you can book your Woodlyn Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlyn Park North Island
- Woodlyn Park Hotel North Island