“Yet again top class”

Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Crown is a 1930's property which has been tastefully fitted out. The bar area is well stocked with a great range of 5 draught lagers (including the hugely popular Wrexham Lager), 4 Real Ales, Draught Guinness and Strongbow Cider. The back bar is well stocked with spirits and bottled products. We have a range of quality house wines and a fantastic wine list. Our 2 ensuite bedrooms have been fitted out to a high standard. We pride ourselves on freshly produced food, a warm welcome for our customers, and honest dialogue with our customers about their dining experience. The high number of returning customers is testimony to our ethos. We look forward to welcoming you to The Crown Inn.
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

Another visit to The Crown with some friends who has never been before. Yet again amazed at the combination of quality, quantity and value. I cannot think of another pub our restaurant that beats it. Friends were also very impressed.

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Weve been here four times and three only reason weve not made out regular local is the disabled access. Its so hard to get in and through the bar and restaurant etc. But thats the only reason a stars knocked off - we do love it there! The food is terrific with a really good menu and generous portions. We love the crackling sails so much that wgen we expressed disappointment the pork chop option wed loved before wasnt on that night, the chef prepared them specially for us! I thought that was wonderful - we werent even complaining, just saying how much wed enjoyed them. The pub endeavour to put on events for the community and seem to try really hard in this way. Its not a Chelsea kind of pub, so people publishing reviews with that disappointed expectation, get a grip! Its warm, friendly, with really great quality food and drink-that weve experienced and way above anything we'd expected. What more could you want from a hearty small village pub in Wales?!

Reviewed August 15, 2017

We are regular visitors here and always enjoy our meals. When it came to choosing a venue for my son's 18th birthday family meal, he didn't hesitate. We had a wonderful evening. The staff were so helpful, assisting me with the decorations, coming up with solutions for little challenges, and allowing me the freedom to do what I wanted to to make his evening special. When we arrived Rob even bought my boy his first pint! We were allowed to take our time opening presents and enjoying the occasion before our food orders were taken. We had a range of meals from my favourite curry and a pint, through BBQ pulled chicken burgers, to beautifully cooked steaks. Everybody enjoyed the lovely food judging by the empty plates! We were really well looked after all evening and my son loved it. Thank you for giving us special memories of such an important life event to add to the many other happy visits. See you soon!

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

Lovely food, full of flavour and hot when served to the table.

Quality food, large portions!

Local friendly pub with good service!

Rob E, Owner at The Crown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Many thanks for your lovely review.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your visit so much.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best wishes

Rob Edwards

Reviewed July 28, 2017

Amazingly delicious food with an incredible selection that made choosing exceptionally difficult. Service was extremely prompt and very friendly and although the restaurant was busy just enough time was given between courses so that we weren't made to feel rushed nor forgotten. The chef even went the extra mile by happily meeting our request for extra gravy. There was a great atmosphere with regulars and new visitors being made to feel equally at home. All in all one of the best meals we've had in a long time. I can't wait to go back and sample the rest of the menu. Thank you.

1  Thank thomascook2017

I was delighted to receive your glowing review of the Crown Inn.

We always work hard to ensure that customers enjoy the experience of dining here, and it is great to hear that you enjoyed your visit so much.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best wishes